• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hattjosh

Standard Fuel Pump Ok On Gti6?

hattjosh

Hi all,

As per the title really, is the standard fuel pump (1.6) capable of supplying a standard gti6 engine for road use or will I get lots of flat spots etc? I've done a search and come across lots of people who have swirl pots and use their cars for track days neither of these apply to me.

Cheers for your help

Anthony

A healthy standard fuel pump will be fine.

It is possible that a weak/failing fuel pump would supply sufficient fuel for a 1.6 but not enough for a GTi-6 or similar - I've seen that before.

Fuel starvation under trackday and competition use is another issue altogether.

welshpug

Ant is spot on, I did ask Sandy what the standard unit is capable of an in his experience it was circa 280 bhp on a 2.0 N-A engine IIRC, IF healthy of course.

However with vehicles running that kind of power some sort of system to address fuel surge more often than not is used additionally, usually with a high flow pump which can provide more than enough for significantly more.

Edited by welshpug

hattjosh

Cool

thanks guys, I think I'll use the standard pump to get her on the road, then look at upgrading later when I fit my throttle bodies :ph34r: