• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CHRISWB

Turbo With No Spark

CHRISWB

Not done much this week on car but hoping to go down next week an do a bit on it, so does any body no or have any pictures of where the breather pipes go and also where the breather goes that comes from the ecu?

Help please

Slo

Sorry these are late but should be what you are looking for..Its not pretty lol

The ecu map sensor goes to the left hand side (as you are looking down at the engine) brass pipe sticking up on top of the throttle body. Ive extended my ecu wiring to fit under the dashboard through the bulkhead so have fitted a long hard plastic pipe with a rubber joiner each end, if it was a long rubber pipe it would probably expand and the ecu wouldn't read the pressure properly as its so long.

IMG_20130622_111838_zpse8ed8086.jpg

IMG_20130622_111804_zps7e82d76c.jpg

IMG_20130622_111744_zps1388c326.jpg

CHRISWB

Thanks slo, I don't suppose you know where the small one one the front of the throttle body goes also I've got one that comes out of the plastic pipe from the inlet side of the turbo.

I don't know how you put pictures on using my IPhone as I have some pics.

Slo

I put all my pictures on photobucket then post links its very easy but can be a bit time consuming to do a lot. The small pipe on the throttle body you are referring to I think is the one on the right hand side of the idle air pipe in the picture above yes? If that's the one it circles underneath the inlet pipe and goes to the purge canister valve, you can see it in front of the alternator/oil filter above.

The small pipe on the inlet pipe I think you are referring to goes to the boost solenoid, is it the one just out of shot on my second picture above? Can do better pictures tomorrow (sunday) if needed

Edited by Slo

CHRISWB

Yes its the one on the right of throttel body but, I don't think I have got a purge canister valve don't suppose you have got a picture of one have you.?

The other pipe on the inlet is about a foot away from the brake master cylinder think it is just out of shot.

CHRISWB

Also where does the pipe go from the actuator on the turbo? And there is a small pipe on the inlet manifold next to the pipe that comes from the brake servo, mine is blanked off but yours looks like it goes somewhere!?

Slo

Purge canister valve...

a3e43a4b-c3c7-4f03-8ee3-5044b60eaa00_zps7e4a596b.jpg

turbo actuater pipes...

ea45b6e4-fc76-4326-844e-233346c85832_zps

Edited by Slo

CHRISWB

well I have been to see my 205 sat in the corner of my garage, and after looking at your pics slo I don't seem to have a Purge canister valve nor can I find one also I don't have a plug to plug into it ether, I have also not got a turbo boost solenoid although I have got a plug with a label on it that says boost control are they the same, I also cant find one of these ether! is there any way to get round using them or have they got to be on it?

any help would be appreciated..

Slo

You will need the boost solenoid valve or your waste gate wont close and your turbo wont do anything. Im not sure about the purge canister valve, people in the know say you need it maybe you could just block off the pipe with a cap.

CHRISWB

hi again, well I have got married and now I want to get my 205 turbo running and on the road. so I have been collecting some bits I have ordered the intercooler and I have got a boost solenoid valve thing bit of a pain to get hold of. I'm not too sure on how to pipe up the boost solenoid so if anyone could guide I would be grateful?

I also need a oil pressure adaptor but not sure where to get one from? I will have loads more question and will need to get a lot more parts to finish my little turbo project!

all help will be very grateful..