• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CHRISWB

Turbo With No Spark

CHRISWB

Hi all

I have put my 2.0 turbo in my 205 and now I have no spark, I have got it turning over on the key and I also have fuel pumping not sure as yet if I have a injector pulse but there is fuel there. I have got a 7 pin Bosch ignition amplifier from a friend and the part number on this is 0227100123 does any body know if this is the right amplifier?

Can any body shed any light on the none spark at all?

I have tried another coil pack on it and still no spark.

any help would be great thanks

Slo

I think that's for the xu9ja 1.9. This is from my XU10J2TE from a phase 1 605

IMG_20130522_222902_zps91f7ed52.jpg

Edited by Slo

welshpug

yup, you need the other type of ignition amp, I remember Goliath doing the same mistake, he'd bought a V6 engine before I'd got chance to diagnose why he couldn't get the turbo to run :lol:

CHRISWB

do you think this is my problem for the spark?

welshpug

yes, if you look at the amp you will notice that one of the pins is not there usually on the dizzy type amplifiers...

they work a bit different!

Slo

:lol: I just posted the turbo ignition amp picture what do you think lol

CHRISWB

the amplifier has got all 7 pins in it??

CHRISWB

I have just tried to upload a pick if the amp I have but not too sure how to do it!!!

does any one have a spare amp that I could buy from them?

pug_ham

I just checked on service box, the ignition module you have Chris is definately the one for a standard GTI & wrong for your car.

You need the correct one for the 2.0t engine, Peugeot part number 5945 54 which after checking on the bosch ecat will be either part number 0 227 100 200 or 0 227 100 204.

g

CHRISWB

cheers graham now just need to get hold of one.

welshpug

I MIGHT have one, or 4! I saw a handful in the workshop earlier.

pug_ham

I sent Chris the Motaquip part number(VIM153) last night which are listed as deleted from range on motaquip ecat but with any luck he might find one.

They are fitted to a lot of Pug & Citroens from about 93 on so there should be plenty around in scrapayrds imo.

g

CHRISWB

I managed to order one from work, and it's just arrived at £30 wasn't worth waiting for a second hand one.

Hopefully she will run when it goes on!!

CHRISWB

Put the new ignition amplifier on today and it fired up no exhaust on so was loud, also didn't want to idle right as all the pipe aren't connected, so if anyone has a picture of how the pipes all go I would be really grateful.

Also want to say thanks to graham for all the help you have give me to get to this point cheers pal.

pug_ham

Good news Chris, glad to see it was just the ignition amp that was preventing it from firing up & nothing more. :)

g

CHRISWB

Yeah thanks god. Now comes the part of putting it back together an sorting an intercooler. Sure I will be posting for more help soon.

Slo

I've just done mine and there is ebay links in the thread its completely stealthed Linky if you do it like mine you will need to make a strong bracket between the bumper bars to bolt the intercooler onto

• Like 1

CHRISWB

Been down to the 205 today an didn't really get a lot done but have some question, so here goes

what do you do with the gear selector it seems to be hitting the turbo.?

I have some pipes I'm not sure where they go, anybody have any idea?

Any help would be appreciated

CHRISWB

I've just done mine and there is ebay links in the thread its completely stealthed Linky if you do it like mine you will need to make a strong bracket between the bumper bars to bolt the intercooler onto

I thnk I am going to do the same as you have done and buy a eBay intercooler and a fan. Thanks pal

• Like 1

Slo

No worries youth if ya need any advice while its still fresh in my grey matter ask away, the gear selector has to be bent downwards then level again on the end where the ball joint is to miss the manifold ( i cut halfway through mine to ease bending then welded it back up) then its just a matter of bending the gearbox selector rod down on the end to fit

CHRISWB

Thanks slo I have got them adjustable linkages on my pug so do I just bend them to suit the selector, also which bit of the selector do I need to bend?

With your intercooler did you cut holes on the front panel for the pipes to go though.? Think I'm going to order one from eBay.

Do you also know where all the little pipes go like the little vacuum pipes?

Sorry for all the questions just want to get it finished,

Thanks Chris

Slo

Yes you will need to cut holes in your front panel for the U bends to go through it's very tight indeed but it does fit without forcing anything.

Edit for pictures....qualitys not the best but its very tight to get even my camera into with 1 hand its the top gear linkage you want to be looking at and you can see my modified L bracket

IMG_20130606_130417_zps8d2d9fa0.jpg

IMG_20130606_130547_zps4669c5f1.jpg

IMG_20130606_130700_zpse24ef741.jpg

Edited by Slo

CHRISWB

Thanks for the pics slo I will give it a go an see how I get on. Do you now where all the vacuum pipes go at all?

Also what radiator have you used and how have you sorted you cooling system.?

Thanks Chris

Slo

Damm knew there was something else i had to take a photo of yes all air pipes are connected now, still need to mount the idle control valve somehow and replace it's wiring connector yet. Rad pipes i used the top hose from a 605 svti auto as it didnt have the oil/water heat exchanger pipe so its ideal for just the turbo coolant return then chopped it off where it drops and revolved 90 degrees so i could just join it up with a straight piece of hose easy peasy, normal 205 rad mounted in its proper place so proper 205 bottom hoses and metal pipe, havent got any further yet