• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bicyclerepairman

Xud7T Radiator

bicyclerepairman

Copied from a post I made in the Wanted section - I figured it might get more views here.

My radiator is now doing a fairly good impression of a sieve, and I had a look on Servicebox to see what replacement options I have.

Under my model, there's only one radiator option (p/n B01C1), but under the non-turbo XUD7 models, there's all sorts of options (and I think some of them are shared with the GTI model). Are they also interchangeable with the turbo model? Anyone know what the differences are between the PAS, aircon, and "Age >= 2" options on servicebox?

Thanks in advance!

Tom Fenton

The turbo diesel rad is slightly different frontal area dimension wise, but pretty much double the thickness of the standard GTI rad. Whether the GTI rad would cope with a turbo diesel engine I can't say, what I can say is that my turbo petrol car struggled a bit with a GTI rad but runs lovely and cool with a turbo diesel one fitted.

welshpug

Some non turbo models came with the full turbo cooling system, i.e twin fans with relays and the 10mm deeper rad, most non turbo ran the same rad as a gti though afaik. (Made the n-a to turbo conversion i did last year a lot easier, never ran hot)

Price seems to be over £100 for the turbo unit.

Edited by welshpug

bicyclerepairman

Thanks for the answers. Best I've found so far for the turbo rad is £320 :(

Tom Fenton

One on ebay £189. Still more than I'd want to pay, I'd be ringing round locally.

welshpug

crikey eck!! even a dealer would want less.

original part numbers for the turbo rad as follows:

1301 C1 NFP ENGINE RADIATOR NEW WATER TANK PLASTIC

1301 K4 NFP ENGINE RADIATOR EXCHANGE - AGE >= 2 WATER TANK PLASTIC

have you not called into GSF across town?

here you go http://www.gsfcarparts.com/173pc0740 copper core "turbo" rad, £86 though I would call in to check, as its shown as being only 35mm thick whereas the Nissens 63728 cross referenced from the original Peugeot part numbers is 53mm thick!!

Nissens only list one turbo rad, the non turbo unit matches the GSF thickness above with 63729A which happens to be the same part for a non aircon GTI.

You might get a better price in store, I always do but I have been using the branch since mum got the 405 13 years ago.

failing that I know Blue_)Haddock in stoke can do Ordonez rads.

Edited by welshpug

dirtdog

How much! You can get them for less than £100 surely like welshpug has mentioned. Wouldn't trust a gti rad on one though

bicyclerepairman

Thanks for the replies! Now it's payday I can get this sorted. I'll try GSF first, but do you know what the "Age >= 2 years" thing in Servicebox means? One of the first choices I have when using the site is "205 1991", so presumably this is for cars two years newer than 1991??

welshpug

Its for cars visiting a dealer for work that are over two years old, many dealers that subscribe to a Trade Club or similar have access to cheaper alternative parts, not fully genuine but still of decent quality.

the "205 since 1991 is the phase 2 distinction, i.e for cars post 91 (more specifically mid 1990 in reality)

bicyclerepairman

Again, thanks for the info! The link to the rad on GSF is dead, and I can't find a rad on their site for a TD (but I can for a D). Is this bad news??

welshpug

it means they're all gone and probably wont be getting more stock if the listing has gone, or at least for that part and price specifically.

best bet is to call in and see the guys there, they know pugs fairly well.

bicyclerepairman

They had that one in stock, but still not the right one (33mm, not 55mm). I ended up using Viking Radiators, paid £175. Paid £20 more than the cheapest I could find on the internet, as they had much better customer service.