• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
OlberJ

205 1.8Td - Which Engines Could I Fit?

OlberJ

Hi folks,

Picked up a 1.8TD 205 3 door. It's in really good nick with the shell and brakes, suspension etc but i'm not sure how long the engine has left.

It's done 175k and has been rebuilt by the previous owner, questionably i think.

So what can i fit in there? As i seem to remember the bigger 16V engines won't go?

Do i have to stick to the 106/Saxo engines?

Gearbox feels fine so if there was something i could fit to that, even better but happy to swap out what's needed if i can get something good in there.

Not fussed about being diesel or petrol as long as it's got more go than currently!

Cheers,

Olie

allye

This is a picture of a 205 with a V6 in it

DSC00083.jpg

You can fit basically any PSA engine you like from the 90's, 106, saxo, 306, xsara, xantia, 406 etc etc etc!

welshpug

What Ali said!

Also with some thought and minor fabrication you can fit several of the 2000's engines too.

OlberJ

Ok, so anyone in Scotland who is doing swaps at the moment i can talk to?

Kev and Jeram used to but are they still going? If i had the space and time i'd do it myself but might as well look at other options.