• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bigalthenutter

Non Turbo Diesel 205 Into Turbo 205

bigalthenutter

hi there can any one tell me how hard and what is required to convert a non turbo diesel 205 into a turbo diesel ?

minimaniacwhyard

With or without changing the engine over. I you find a 1.8td lump out of 205 or 1.9 td lump from 306 or bx then easy remive and swap wire over jobby. No exra wiring needed. If you want to turbo your standard lump the compressions are diffrrnt i belive. You cant just bolt the manifolds to it. Look up strictly dervs build on here. Very intresting. Give you some insparation

bigalthenutter

cheers thanks mate

Paul_13

Go for a 1.9 td engine

I've just done this to my NA Xud.

Get a Bosch pump, the added benefit of running it on veg oil

I've given mine a bit of a tune and I'm certain is faster through the midrange at speed than my 6.

Edited by Paul_13

Grim.Badger

I was under the impression that the 205TD turbo had a slightly different angle to the other Pug/Cit TDs, so you need to get a custom downpipe made when using the non-205 TD blocks, am I wrong? Not a big problem I know, just curious...

welshpug

no, they all sit at 30 degrees, the proximity and shape of the bulkhead and subframes vary but you just use the 205 TD downpipoe with whichever XUD7/8/9 you fit, as long as its a 25 306 309 or zx, xsara phase 1 turbo elbow, 405/6 turbo elbows are a different angle.

Grim.Badger

no, they all sit at 30 degrees, the proximity and shape of the bulkhead and subframes vary but you just use the 205 TD downpipoe with whichever XUD7/8/9 you fit, as long as its a 25 306 309 or zx, xsara phase 1 turbo elbow, 405/6 turbo elbows are a different angle.

It must be the 405/6 turbo's I'm thinking of as that was what I was looking into years ago. I'd also asked someone who'd done the conversion (the guy who had a horrific crash a few years back, sorry can't remember his name), I don't think he'd looked into the other TD blocks as I don't remember him mentioning the differences.

Cheers :) and sorry for the slight hijack...

Paul_13

It's a 205 gti 8v exhaust on mine