• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alastairh

Throttle Cable For 16V Conversion

Alastairh

Hello,

I am just finishing off a 16v conversion which is the first i have done for 5 years. Previously i use to buy 405 petrol throttle cables which are basically a kit with all the fitting and you just trim down the cable to the required length. After looking on service box they are NFP, GSF and euro car parts weren't that much help although i will pursue further with them.

Any alternatives like the 405 kit, or does someone know a good supplier?

Cheers

Al

welshpug

I've used a few firsline kits, most motorfactors stock them,they aren't 405 specific just pug and similar, its just a fairly thick wall plastic tube not the steel wound wire like originals though, which Wont like tight radius or much heat.

much like dealers, some branches of GSF and ECP can be a bit naff, but I managed to find these for you:

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/712pc0040

http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/search/647545091

GSF is cheapest online, might even get it cheaper in branch which is my experience of my local.

pug part number is 1629 86 for nearly all 205's so would be a "kit" I imagine though I have never used one.

Edited by welshpug

Roon

Replaced mine last week on my gti6 conversion. Just ordered as welsh said the 205 gti kit. Which was 14 quid. It's universal and has all the bits and just trim it down.

Took me all of 10 minutes. I got mine from CPA at that price btw.

2052NV

I just go to the local push bike store and get a rear brake cable with the correct sized lug at the throttle pedal end then make the other end up.... profit

starky5

I did the same as 2052NV did, I used push bike brake outer casing which you can cut to length and fitted straight into the old ends perfectly. Then I used a gear cable inner wire as it has the correct end for the throttle pedal and a solder less nipple on the other end. It all fitted really well and cost about £6

Daviewonder

The universal kit is avaliable from First Line part no is FKA1000 :)

It's available from most motor facctors or FPS.

• Like 1

Jemehan

Used the 306 cable from euros, a kit with the metal coiled plastic, modified the end to suit my s16, works a treat.

Alastairh

Daviewonders part number was spot on.

Cheers

Al