• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shorty_15-92

205 Grd Timing Belt

shorty_15-92

Just wondering what sort of price people are paying for timing belts for the XUD7 engine. I went into my local motot factors and they want £101 + VAT (for just the belt, another £39 for the tensioner).

Is this a 'normal' price or are they trying to rip me off?

Tom Fenton

RIP OFF! I'd expect to pay about £15-20 for just the belt. Are you sure they are not quoting you for a full kit at £101?

Just had a quick look, £16.19 on Euro Car Parts for just the belt.

Kits with belt, tensioner and idler roller are around £85 to £100

shorty_15-92

RIP OFF! I'd expect to pay about £15-20 for just the belt. Are you sure they are not quoting you for a full kit at £101?

Just had a quick look, £16.19 on Euro Car Parts for just the belt.

Kits with belt, tensioner and idler roller are around £85 to £100

I'll be ordering off there later then, cheers :)

Anthony

As Tom says, your local 'factors are having a laugh if that truely is for the belt alone!

Check Carparts4less if you're ordering - they're pretty much ECP but mail order only, and generally pretty good price wise.

Looks like the cambelt kits changed in 1994 and there's a big difference in price depending which side of that your car falls (I'm assuming earlier if it's a GLD)

allye

Will they be fitting it too? Lots of garages charge higher labour with supplied parts.

shorty_15-92

Will they be fitting it too? Lots of garages charge higher labour with supplied parts.

No, im a mechanic myself. It was a motor factors - they just supply parts.

As Tom says, your local 'factors are having a laugh if that truely is for the belt alone!

Check Carparts4less if you're ordering - they're pretty much ECP but mail order only, and generally pretty good price wise.

Looks like the cambelt kits changed in 1994 and there's a big difference in price depending which side of that your car falls (I'm assuming earlier if it's a GLD)

Late H reg, 1991 i think