• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205monster

No Spark, Tried Everything! I Think!

205monster

firstly,ive searched the forums already, and tried everything! i have a 1.6 gti. the engine ran, and all ive done is change the throttle body over. ive tested the power to the coil, and is fine, ive tested the earth cable from gear box,and connected fine, even used multi meter and theres no break in the wire.just to make sure i ran a second earth cable,still nothing. ive tried 3 ignition moduals and 1 brand new one,still no spark. ive put a multi meter over the coil, and the readings are as the haynes manual. new plugs, tried new ht leads. still nothing! looked at connections all around the area and all connected. the battery is also new. when i turn the key,all lights come on on the dash, turn the key again,engine turns over fine, but all lights go off on the dash until turn key back? not sure that should happen. the car is being build to race, so isnt on the road,and i dont have a trailer yet to take it to a garage.

i need help!!!

ORB

Have you checked the signal lead from the body of the dizzy?

205monster

there is a little black connector plugged into the side of the dizzy, is that the cable you mean? has two wires in it, goes into a yellow connector,then into the module. thats all connected.

pug_ham

Do you have a spark at the king lead from the coil to the dizzy & 12v at the ignition module?

Disconnect this from the dizzy cap & you should have an almost constant spark when you crank the engine. If there is no spark then the coil isn't getting a signal from the ignition module.

there is a little black connector plugged into the side of the dizzy, is that the cable you mean? has two wires in it, goes into a yellow connector,then into the module. thats all connected.

Yes, that's the lead Orb means but are the connections in the plug good because they can be come corroded due to the location below the expansion tank.

g

205monster

ok, i checked the lead, all was ok, but i have two so fitted the better one out the two, no luck, but i found a spare dizzy in my parts, and bingo!!!

thanks for your help guys!