• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CHRISWB

Intercooler From Ebay.

CHRISWB

I'm doing a turbo conversion on my 205 an have been looking on here at what intercoolers people have been using an it seems that most people are using the cosworth one, I have been on eBay an have found some universal ones with pipes,

What are people's thoughts on these? Or am I just better off with the cosworth one?

NFS

the intercoolers are good, however the pipes and hoses are s*ite, they pop off or burst. we had them on a audi 20vt engine running standard boost and slit a hose and kept popping off the tubes.

Tom Fenton

The universal cheapo chinese ones I have seen I do not rate. They are very very heavy and I suspect probably not that great at getting rid of heat from the charge air.

Slo

I've bought a 2wd cosworth one off ebay and am presently head scratching how it can possibly fit with boost pipes connected as they are so large, it would fit behind the grill beautifully with a made up bracket and the radiator dropped but the cooler outlet is so close to the inlet manifold i don't see how it could possibly be used there :unsure:

Paul_13

BMW e94 intercooler

Both tails face backwards and it fits perfectly between the headlights and above the radiator

grandos

An E94 mmmmm!!! You know something I don't?

m_attt

BMW e94 intercooler

Both tails face backwards and it fits perfectly between the headlights and above the radiator

of which model, do you have a pic? cheers

Paul_13

An E94 mmmmm!!! You know something I don't?

Indeed ;)

Its sat in Ryanstdts garage, I'll try and pick it up or get him to send me some pics

CHRISWB

I was looking at the intercooler kit on eBay I have been looking on here an have noticed that jamal has use the same kit on his, does anyone know if this kit was any good?

m_attt

as said allreay, the pipes dont have beading or lips so will constantly blow apart. been there done that :)

CHRISWB

Is there a intercooler anyone recommends that will fit behind the front bumper that isn't notice able? Also pipe work aswel.

allanallen

Is there a intercooler anyone recommends that will fit behind the front bumper that isn't notice able? Also pipe work aswel.

There was a thread on here very recently that showed several different Intercooler set-ups, have a search ????

welshpug

that looks useful, don't happen to have the dimensions or which engine it came from?

googling that visible number says E36 325 TDS, Core Dimensions:480 * 80 *45 mm :lol: