• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
309jazzpanda

Another Non Start/loss Of Spark Thread, New Loom

309jazzpanda

I will start by saying I have tried a huge search but nothing that matches mine.

Ok starters for 10, had a phase 1 205 1900 loom in the 309, this developed massive issues eventually resulting in extremely poor running and eventually cut out non start thank you and good night.

So I did some digging in the shed and remembered when the engine was purchased it came with a phase 2 loom already on the engine the only reason this wasn't used was at the time was that I couldn't find a matching loom to plug onto the brown connectors...........

fast forward the story got a 309 goodwood dash loom plugged in engine loom on fuel pump does its business but no spark.

So first question is the coil (on inlet manifold) should this have power on both the + and - with the ignition turned on??

I have 12v on the plus and negative side of my coil, haven't got an led to check pulse whilst cranking.

dcc

likely to be the king lead from the distributor to the coil. I had similar issues

309jazzpanda

I should have also mentioned that the rev counter doesn't "twitch" whilst cranking but I can hear the pump running whilst it cranks.

Also while I am on are all the fuse boards the same between the phases?

I haven't got spark out of the coil itself at the minute,

Edited by 309jazzpanda

DamirGTI

haven't got an led to check pulse whilst cranking.

No need :)

Just use an multimeter , set it on buzzer connect the probes to the dizzy pick up coil terminals and spin the engine by hand (remove all spark plugs) - if it's all good you'll hear intermittent sound like morse code , as faster you spin the engine the sound will copy the engine rotation speed .

D

309jazzpanda

So it should have 12v on both sides and the negative just pluses?

Slo

a coil is just wire end to end so if you connect + to one end you get + at the other end hence 2 lives the earth pulse turns the coil on and off (it sparks when turning off)

309jazzpanda

I thought that was the case but you know what it like when you start panicking all sorts of mad things run through your head.

I'll check the pulse up tonight and see what we get, I know it something I've done but not a clue what

309jazzpanda

Turns out its my fault should have used the rule of kiss,checked the fuse board in case I had missed something and there it is wire cc1 goes between D and E on the fuse board also coil was kippered, made a temporary loom to plug in my old cylinder type coil big spark just need to find my brand new rotor arm now. Thanks for the advice

309jazzpanda

Does anyone know what wire number 15a does? Its in the loom heading over to the two brown multiplugs but not plugged into anything it has 12volts with the ignition on