• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
FireFly

Suggestions For Wiring Up All Gauges To One Switch.

FireFly

Currently have a boost gauge and about to fit a volt gauge (after the drama with the alternator I thought it wouldn't hurt to install one seeing as it only cost £5!

In the future I might put in oil/water/egt gauges but for now just want to wire all the back lights up to one switch.

What would be a good wire to T off of? I'd imagine the side light/main beam has a wire somewhere I could join to without the need of having a switch.

However I want the option for turning the back lights off at night as there very bright blue and it can be distracting!

In this case I imagine that there is an ignition live or something I could use to join a cable to which will run to a switch then all the gauges.

If anyone does have advice on where to wire to please state exactly where it is and what colour it is or even add a photo!

Many thanks.

m_attt

get the reohstat?? from the gti so you can dim them with the dials. or get a different gauge that isnt bright blue.

S@m

Most gauges have a wire that connects into a lighting circuit so that they dim at night when you turn the headlights on.