• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shooter mcgavin

Master Cylinder What Pipe Goes Where

Lan

Each pipe goes to each corner looking down onto it so the ones on the end are for the front and the ones at the back are for the rear

almost! most if not all modern-ish non-abs cars have a diagonal split system, so for example two ports at the front one goes to o/s/f the other goes to n/s/r then with the rear two ports one for n/s/f and the other for o/s/r the idea being that if you have brake pipe/hose failure you still have at least one front and rear brake operating which allows you to slow down in a straight line albeit very slowly, rather than one axle operating particularly if you lose the fronts!

Slo

Not on the 1.6 its front and rear circuit

pug_ham

Where the base model &1.9 GTI have a diagonally split system.

g

Slo

Yes but the op has or did have 1.6 setup

pug_ham

Yes but the op has or did have 1.6 setup

I know, I was just adding that for anyone who might do a search in future.

g

shooter mcgavin

If I can get my hands on a 1.6 limiter I will refit the 3 port MC and t off the pipe ive already ran to the rear. If I can't get one god knows lol

farmer

If I can get my hands on a 1.6 limiter I will refit the 3 port MC and t off the pipe ive already ran to the rear. If I can't get one god knows lol

Am buying a part from a German dealer who is showing a brand new one on Parex are you interested?

Edited by farmer

Lan

yes that is true, I was under the impression he had a 4 port master cylinder and you did say each port for each corner of the vehicle :)

Edited by Lan
  • Like 1

shooter mcgavin

I have changed it to a 4 port set up and in the middle of doing the copper pipes but now thinking I'm will refit the 3 port and get hold of another 1.6 limiter

Am buying a part from a German dealer who is showing a brand new one on Parex are you interested?

What kind of price shipped

farmer

I have changed it to a 4 port set up and in the middle of doing the copper pipes but now thinking I'm will refit the 3 port and get hold of another 1.6 limiter

What kind of price shipped

Its £82.56 our money but i should be able to get it at a good price (hopefully 50% off) i will ask him for a quote it will go with the 405 exhaust i have got so shipping would be £10 that includes £5 international money transfer. Then you would have UK post to yourself.

• Like 1

shooter mcgavin

Cool let me know when you get a price

farmer

I see you have put a wanted ad up will report back there.

• Like 1

farmer

Have posted a price in the for sale section. If i have no answer by midday i will order without the compensator.