• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Miles

Different One, Afm Not Adjusting, Even A Known Good One

Miles

I'm trying to do some remote diagnosis on a 205 that has a AFM Not adjusting, even a known good one, No obvious air leaks, Only other thing I could think of is maybe the ECU.

CO is around the 4.5 mark and just will not move so I'm told, Any suggestions?

welshpug

First guess would be are they turning the right screw!

Then are they turning it the right way with the right allen key, I think you should be able to turn it all the way out which would make it run lean.

And there's the is it the right AFM for the ecu.

Hope that's of any help, unless they have a collection of duff AFM's I can't think what it would be other than the CTS.

ORB

I was thinking CTS

I have had an adjustment screw on an AFM flunked up before so adjustment was doing nothing. I wound it out and blasted it with carb cleaner and air line, but I guess you know that!

Miles

Yes the AFM is right, 2 from 1.9's and having seen it I know its right, yes the screw does nothing either way, Even one was from a car which passed the emissions test.

But even with a duff CTS the AFM should make a differance

ORB

Well, I suppose it'll have to be ECU?

welshpug

Or the wiring, check the pins in the afm plug then buzz through to the ecu.

309jazzpanda

When we tried setting mine up the afm didn't do a thing when we adjusted it, turned out to be a sh*t wiring repair further down the loom

Edited by 309jazzpanda

Miles

The car's coming down to me know so at least I can plug it into my Diagnostic machine to check the complete system out, Will be late this week

309jazzpanda

Did you get it working Miles?

Miles

Yes, Garage fail I think, Got it with me so I adjusted the idle as some twit had used the throttle stop to adjust it so the air screw was fully in, stuck it on my Diagnostic reader which came back fine after the throttle switch being adjusted, Stuck it on the CO reader to find it around the 4% CO but adjusted it to 3.0% which was about it