• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ORB

Gti6 Temperature

ORB

Does the Gti6 standard temp guage sender have a different calibration to the GTI one?

My guage is reading low, even when the fans are on. I'm guessing the sensor is either a lower threshold for the guage or the thermostat is buggered?

chipstick

Have you fitted the 205 sensors or left the 306 ones in?

CosKev

Read higher in my 309 using the orig Gti6 sender with 309 Gti clocks,pretty sure this is the case with a few conversions on here.

ORB

306 sensors are still in the thermostat housing. I'm still leaning towards thermostat as the top hose never seems to pressurise?

dcc

mine used to run at 85degree on the 2nd bar, 94 degrees on the last but 1 bar

ORB

So, swapped thermostat, fans come on far too early (not warm) so I'm guessing I need to swap the fan switch, no problem, I have 3 in stock.

Is there a way to test a fan switch on the bench with a multimeter? As I say, I have three (brand new used ones) in stock. But don't want to put in another shagged sensor, so I would prefer to rest first!

jamie_1992

you could rig up a pan of wanter on the hob with the sensor connected and see at what point it cuts the fans in you would need a way of measuring the water temp of the pan tho

probs easier to change the sensor

just a thought

EZ Tutty

I've used the GTi6 sensor on mine, and i adjusted the needle on the gauge to read how i wanted it to (all be it one division high)

To do this i measured the Resistance of the Sensor in a heated oil bath controlled by a calibrated thermocouple,

then found some resistors very close to the readings below to check the reading on the gauge, a bit easier than trying to heat the sensor up and keep it at a stable temperature.

70*C - 401 Ohms

80*C - 281 Ohms

90*C - 206 Ohms

100*C - 147 Ohms

Edited by EZ Tutty