• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
309jazzpanda

Piston Liner Suppliers, Good And Bad

309jazzpanda

Ok so I'm rebuilding a 1900 8v, as its got some lips on the liners I was wondering if we could make a list of suppliers, I have no idea how much 8v liners cost for a set, but on eBay there is a company that supply 4 liners and pistons for £260 plus £50 postage.

From what I can find its an Indian company but I don't know of their quality,could anyone recommend a supplier and maybe how much they should be?.

Also while I'm on, just purchased some mi16 rods as from what I've read they are lighter/stronger, will I struggle putting 1600 pistons on these rods?,ideally I would love mi16 pistons to really bump the compression up, but I have 1600 pistons in the shed and not seen any mi pistons for sale for a while.

Miles

Too much unless they have gone up allot, I think the last set I supplied was around the £240.00 mark, you can only get KS ones now

dcc

what size liners do they do

Miles

Std only, I can get other sizes but you need to buy 20 of them

309jazzpanda

I'll get a link to the eBay said later, see what you think

205freak

309jazzpanda i´ve for sale a brand new set of liners, pistons and piston rings for 300€€ postage include, they are MAHLE.

Edited by 205freak

309jazzpanda

Are they 1600 or 1900?

205freak

I thought they were 1.6 but after checking out with my mechanic, he said thats a 1.9 set.

Miles

1.9 with the dish like that

camgti

Or get some DFZ? pistons with flat tops and get the comp up too? Or you can use MI16 liners that are ribbed and "stronger" if your going to up compression etc.. Just a thought

Cam

petert

Beware. I was fitting some new Mi16 liners on the weekend. Unsure of the brand, but purchased from the UK. I had trouble getting the protrusion correct. It turned out the liners had 0.004" difference in height between seat and the top. I ended up having to machine the liner seat so it was perpendicular to the bore, then true up the top, using the seat as the reference. All this reduced the overall height of the liner significantly and now the block needs to be decked.

jimbob

The company on eBay are sending from Greece if same I'm looking at £240 1.9 or £260 1.6 with £59.99 post

Box has Bretille on it

I also spoke to D&R in Poole but they have 7 different pistons listed for a 205 GTi ranging from £45-70 per cylinder

Miles

the 7 pistons are for all the XU engine's, As above the last set I supplied was around the £240.00 mark and can get them with ease on a next day or 2

205freak

1.9 with the dish like that

Miles are they 1.6 instead... i just want to know what it is????

I could do a better deal on them 270€€ posted if anyone interested in taking this from me.

Miles

1.6 GTi's use a flat dished top, only 1.9's used the slanted Dish, not very good for balance either

chris-gti

I had a set of K series rover ones off ebay, looked pretty, good price, sat slightly lower than the block, therefore complete s-crap unless i had the block skimmed, ended up with another lump.

jimbob

the 7 pistons are for all the XU engine's, As above the last set I supplied was around the £240.00 mark and can get them with ease on a next day or 2

What are the 7 different pistons, 1.6 and 1.9......

309jazzpanda

Well I have a set of 1600 pistons sat outside in the engine fitted, at least it was listed as a 1600 Cti when I got the engine, but there is no tag on the block so it could be a very lazy 1900 Cti engine, can you get just liners or are they always supplied with pistons?

What is the correct protrusion for the liners? I haven't had an XU apart before.

Yes jimbob I have just had another scan through and they are from Greece, my bad.

309jazzpanda

So can I get liners separate or do they come supplie with pistons?

Carbs4me

i tryed getting new ones for my Mi16 engine, but i ended up getting them machined again only cost £5 per cyclinder.