• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pp205

Problem With Cooling Fan - 1.9 Mi16

pp205

Hi guys,

Finally got my engine and box all back in the 205 today and all wired up -1.9 mi in H reg 205. Everything is running (surprisingly very smoothly!) but we realised that we'd forgotten to connect the cooling fan. Went to do it and got a strange pop when connecting, seems to have touched a live wire somehow but really not sure how/where. The car still runs, we've checked all connections and loom and seems to be fine. Only thing is that now the fan doesn't seem to be working. I can't seem to find a fuse for it to check for damage - any ideas where this is? Im sure i'm just being thick! It's the 405 loom by the way.

Any help is much appreciated!

Simon

Simes

Fan is separate to the engine loom and in fact anything.

+ve is connected from the battery via the shunt box normally bolted to the slam panel area. Have a look in there for your blown fuse.

pp205

Thanks for the reply Simes, got it sorted today, turned out it was a dodgy fuse and dodgy earth block next to passenger side headlight!