• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Maccer

Original Rubber Front Mudflaps

Maccer

A couple of days ago one of the tacky hard plastic mudflaps on the front on my car split, again, down one of the numerous repairs. But this time the metal bracket also snapped leaving it dragging along the floor, so I thought I'd re-awaken this one on the forum.

I know it has been discussed before - but I can't find anything recent on here apart from shocked reports of jokers 'selling' sets on Ebay for $1,000,000!

Can we get the rubber fronts for the pug anymore? The plastic ones are god-awful, and although I can probabaly get away with a bit of fibreglass and a new strip of metal it is only a matter of time before one of them splits again, and next time the bits might just fly away down the road!

Basically I want some new front flaps, they must be nice and supple so they flex and slide easily over protrusions- none of this crusty old brittle rubbish.

Anyone know where they can be found (if at all) at a reasonable price?

Ryan

Peugeot haven't sold the rubber fronts for years. I bought front and rear flaps in 2005 and the fronts were plastic even back then. So unless you find a set in a scrapy, or get lucky and find somewhere with an old set on the shelf then you're out of luck.

Edited by Ryan

miamibungers

My front ones are original rubber ones. They'll be staying on the car though I'm afraid!

img1346ur.th.jpg

d7ve_b

Are they originals? I didn't think the originals were that round/curvy....?

welshpug

All the originals I have seen that are correct for a 205/309/405/phase1 106/306 are square, they're mostly all a fairly flexible plastic as well, It's been a very long time Since I last saw some rubber ones.

Ryan

Those definitely aren't original. The real ones are more square, and just say "GTI" in the same style as the tailgate GTI badge, rather than "205 GTI" in an outline-only style.

stufarri

I can't see the pictures, but from the description, I think these may be early phase 1 mudflaps which had outlined 205 and either CTI or GTI. Some were on Ebay recently too for £200.

welshpug

we need a PMSL or LMAO smiley/gif!!

miamibungers

Those definitely aren't original. The real ones are more square, and just say "GTI" in the same style as the tailgate GTI badge, rather than "205 GTI" in an outline-only style.

Ah right, suppose these & these definitely aren't original either then? :rolleyes: The crappy squarer plastic ones are generic Peugeot here, that's why you can buy different badges to fit.

Here's another picture of them from an early accessories brochure, I fancy the matching GTI branded luggage set myself! :lol:

stufarri

I'll comment fully when my home PC is working as I can't see the photos/links at work and my phone takes ages.

Edited by stufarri

d7ve_b

Sorry mate but, genuine or not, I'm not a fan of those rounder flaps (oooerr), they don't suit the more angular shape of the 205 IMO, obviously I am a little biased though:

rear%20corner%20top.jpg​

miamibungers

Fair enough, though these were the ones that came out when the GTI did so must have been designed with the car in mind, rather than the squarer ones which will fit other Peugeot models.

They're roughly the same shape as the 1/4 windows, so I think they suit the car. The squarer rears on yours don't even look as though they fit properly?

Nice looking 205 you have there though, always a fan of a Miami in good nick.

d7ve_b

The squarer rears on yours don't even look as though they fit properly?

Yeah that was my poor fitting, all sorted since that pic was taken.

stufarri

All of the mudflaps in the pictures are genuine. The early type were badges with outlines and the later and more common type have separate clip on badges on them.

miamibungers

Won the set of rears linked earlier for £20.78 to match the fronts, well chuffed as I've not seen another set of these. Thanks to the OP for starting this as I wouldn't have found them otherwise!

miamibungers

Turns out the ones I won are actually front flaps so an even better bargain! Got a spare set now just in case!