• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Miles

Looking For T16 Wiring Info

Miles

As topic title, Trying to fault find one in a 205 and have little power and it's a pain not knowing what should have what, The engine was running but a alarm fault meant the fuel pump wire had a switch installed which worked for a while but now nothing at all.

Alarm has now gone thankfully, bloody cliffords

petert

email Charles Attard

Miles

Now this is the funny thing about this, I have no power at the ECU, the 2 relays (Normal 405 type ones) under the bonnet don;t do much, One runs the water pump for the charge cooler, but I have yet to find a Power relay and I have looked so given up for the day and doing something else

welshpug

The website above suggests it should have a single brown relay, just like the phase 2 2.0 405 not like the 1.9.

ORB

Can someone get me a reg number or a vin number for a T16 and I'll get a diagram

Miles

Found the main power relay, Was down by the front N/S wheel, Good place to put a important part and it rattles (Good sign), Just now need to see if the 240-101 relay is the same as a S16 one, Cannot find the T16 on service box

welshpug

its there allright ;)

1929 49
RELAY
- TURBO INJECTION XU10J4TE

same as the S16 by the way, its the pre 95 type that just pushes in with the spring clip, not the later sliding clip like the gti6.

my copy of autodata does have the T16 on there, but no engine management data other than which system.

Edited by welshpug

Miles

I got all excited when I saw it on Autodata but that hope lasted all of seconds, Had one at home so it's all running again.

Still I'll look out for a diag when I have some more time

Still never found the ignition modules so god knows where they are hidden

B1ack_Mi16

Didn't think the T16 had external injection modules, but rather built into the ECU. The S16 though has two of them, but that's Bosch ECU and not Magneti Marelli.

welshpug

quite likely, gti6 used same ecu as did 106 gti and neither have external amplifiers.

ORB

As I say, a reg or a bin of a car and I'll try to get the schematics

welshpug

M954GKV, that's matt selby's bianca white T16.