• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
leemundo

Any One Heard Of Danst Engineering?

leemundo

Just seeing if anyone has heard of and knows the work of danst engineering. Looking at geting a bike carb set up from him but i cant find any reviews. Just wandered if any has knowlege of there work?

allanallen

No idea who danst are but I'd do a search on here about bike carbs in general and decide if you actually want them at all. I wouldn't personally bother, save your money for something decent or stay standard.

Al

• Like 1

kee

he used to be into early fiestas and is known on xrtwo.com, seems a decent, knowledgable chap and quite a lot have used his kits with positive results. never seen a complaint yet.

next choice is bogg bro's or make your own really

ORB

I did bike carbs and megajolt once. They were s*it.

kee

if set up properly there is no reason why they shouldn't work.

A blue mk2 fiesta at RRG couple of years back had nigh on 200bhp running a 2.0l zetec on bike carbs, some head work and cams and not much else. he bought his kit from chester sports cars

j_turnell

Bike carbs are a lot of hassle, your much better off putting a set of dcoe's or dhla's on it if that's the route you wish to take along with mappable ignition like omex 200.

leemundo

Thanks for the info. Ill be looking at getting them properly set up so they should be fine. You can't beat the sound of bike carbs under your bonnet.

jamie_1992

Thanks for the info. Ill be looking at getting them properly set up so they should be fine. You can't beat the sound of bike carbs under your bonnet.

gti6 engine with throttle bodies

• Like 1

harryskid

Well said that man! :)

leemundo

Im adamant i want to stay using a tu engine as its going in a rallye just for a bit closer to original

allanallen

Getting them set up isn't the problem! it's the wank unequal length manifolds with silicone hose connections that cause the problems.

• Like 3

leemundo

Given the bloke a call and he seams really clued upon it all. He will provide a full r6 bike carb set up at a very reasonable price. Also said that if needed he can adjust the manifold to fit better in my car if needed due to each one made to order. Will give bogg bros a call but think it will be hard for them to beat him

leemundo

Spoken to bogg bros and at the price they are after I'll be buying from danst so atleast well have a first hand review of the company for other forum members

kee

what is the price comparison?

leemundo

Danst is £350 delivered. Bogg bros is £472 delivered and they sound very much the same service other than danst will use r6 carbs and bogg bros said it would be what ever they can get hold of.

allye

V6 :P

Bogg Brothers are the s*it though.

Edited by allye

welshpug

PFFT

satchell.

/thread.

leemundo

Bogg bros are good but been looking at what the ford boys say and there all pretty happy with danst so at £125 less defiantly feel he's worth a go. The one think bogg bros does have though is a rolling road where danst doesn't but with how far away they are ill be finding a rolling road more local to get them set up.

allye

Paying £125 less for a company with no rolling road for your setup to save money, then pay a local rolling road (prob more than £125) to set them up? :huh:

leemundo

The £475 to bogg bros is posted to me with me fitting them as there a right trek away from me so who ever i get them off ill be fitting them myself and putting it on a local rolling roll to be set up

309jazzpanda

Bike carbs = 350 plus set up.

Gti6 engine 500 + 1500 minimum for bodies plus set up, hmmm wonder why he's going bike carbs

leemundo

And the fact its going into a rallye aswell so i want to stick with a tu engine just to be closer to original. By not using a gti6 it saves money for other parts of the car

allye

Bike carbs = 350 plus set up.

Gti6 engine 500 + 1500 minimum for bodies plus set up, hmmm wonder why he's going bike carbs

Pretty sure Jamie was stating how the sound of a GTI6 on throttle bodies is better than bike carbs - quite rightly! and not in any way suggesting to fit this set up.

calvinhorse

A tu on bike carbs won't be a patch on a standard 6.

Complete waste of time

It'll sound good tho but then so does a standard 6

allanallen

A tu on bike carbs won't be a patch on a standard 6.

Complete waste of time

It'll sound good tho but then so does a standard 6

Just to add, that's from a man that ran r6 carbs on a 1600 tu ;)

They were s*it!!

• Like 1