• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ALEX

Afm And Ignition Amp Replacement Connectors

ALEX

I read on here somwhere that you could buy the connectors that fit inside these plugs.

Where can I get them from?

Anthony

Most places that sell the plugs should do the pins individually as well - Vehicle Wiring Products for example

Your biggest issue is likely to be that the wire on the loom will be heavily corroded for a few inches back from the plug thanks to Peugeot using such crappy unsealed connectors, and new pins crimpled onto corroded wire isn't exactly ideal.

ALEX

I was thinking ebay?

The connectors inside the AFM plug are the same as the ignition modual (really thin ones)

they are harder to get out than put back in.

farmer

I use contralube on the exposed terminals keeps water out.

Anthony

Plenty of products that you can use to prevent the problem from occuring, but the point is that neither Peugeot nor previous owners did that, and hence these days the original wiring looms all suffer from corroded wire problems that make simply replacing pins on a connector rather more problematic and time consuming than it should logically be.

IMO, it's the single biggest oversight that Peugeot made on the 205/309 series cars, and is responsible (along with ham-fisted attempts at repairing it) for probably 80-90% of electrical problems I'd say.

farmer

Totally agree Anthony.

I had replace my whole loom, ever since that day no electrical faults.