• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
arwel

Which Pressure Plate & Release Bearing

arwel

Im in the process of fitting a MI16 engine and having a little blank moment. Im using my current 1.6 BE3 box with it. I have th e bigger MI16 clutch ready. Can I use a normal GTI pressure plate or do I need the MI16 one and can I use a normal release bearing or again, do I need an MI16 one of them too?

welshpug

you need to use a complete clutch from a bx 16v / 1.9 MI16, they are 215mm, you can't mix them with the pressure plate/friction plate of the gti as they are 200mm.

gti be3 release bearing is the same as the bx16v/1.9 mi16.

well worth replacing the two plasic bushes as they are very cheap, make note of the colour and get matching ones, yellow are on very early clutch arms as they have different length fingers and different offset in the bush, white is the more common later ones.

arwel

you need to use a complete clutch from a bx 16v / 1.9 MI16, they are 215mm, you can't mix them with the pressure plate/friction plate of the gti as they are 200mm.

gti be3 release bearing is the same as the bx16v/1.9 mi16.

well worth replacing the two plasic bushes as they are very cheap, make note of the colour and get matching ones, yellow are on very early clutch arms as they have different length fingers and different offset in the bush, white is the more common later ones.

Nice one.. thanks for clearing that up.. head has been in the shed last few days with everything.