• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
omri617

Is This The Right Dipstick For 1.9 Gti?

Baz

No, i'd say it isn't considering it doesn't say it is.

j_turnell

I would say not judging by the part number and the fact it mentions diesels. I think 1172.79 is the correct pug part number. Around £10.00

Baz

Yup, what he said, £10.30.

j_turnell

Not sure that reply is particularly constructive or useful welshpug, just check the guys location.

dcc

if the engines are of same volume, of the same oil volume, same height from bottom of sump to tip of dipstick neck, same dipstick neck diameter, then I cant see any reason why that dipstick wouldn't be fine.

j_turnell

As you were, you'll soon be on 22,000. He asked a question, the question was answered, end of thred.

dcc

come at me bro.

• Like 1

welshpug

1. Motor: 1,8 Diesel ;

1,9 Diesel

2. Engine type:
    • XUD7
    • XUD9
    • XUD9TE

err, as mentioned, dont think they did a diesel gti...

given this stick linked to is inserted via the oil filler pot on the front of the engine lower than the camshaft cover by a fair bit, and that the XU5 and XU9 have a tube curving up around the exhaust from the rear of the block and emerging above the camshaft cover, that they will be a bit shorter than you need...

This is the correct item, though rather expensive when you consider an additional £15 for postage to Israel.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OIL-DIPSTICK-FOR-PEUGEOT-205-309-405-CITROEN-BX-ZX-GTI-MODELS-117279-GENUINE-/370636554351

644mm long,

you will most likely be better off visiting your local Peugeot or Citroen dealer unless they charge an excessive premium in your country.

Edited by welshpug

omri617

Thanks firstly , seems so unfair to pay 15 gbp just for shipping when the price of the item is 14.99

I've been looking for it for a while . Being born here so remote from UK where all nice things are - SUCKS!!