• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JakeMathias

205 Gti6 Track/road Car

JakeMathias

I've recently purchased a 205 XS GTI6 and shortly after buying it i decided to put it on the track. To start with i was just planning on putting a roll cage and bucket seats in it but that plan soon changed when a friend of mine mentioned he was looking to sell his rolling shell 205 GTI in Graphite Grey with only 59k on the clock. I'm now putting the engine from my XS into the GTI shell and turning it into a full fat track/road car ! The project was officially about 2 weeks ago by a well known racing mechanic, the rough spec is as follows;

• Safety Devices C44 Challenge Roll Cage
  • Cobra Imola 2 Bucket Seats
  • Brake/Fuel Lines Inside The Car
  • Brake Bias Valve
  • 1.9 GTI Speedline Wheels
  • GTI6 Brake Callipers - Drilled/Grooved Discs
  • Rose Jointed Wishbones
  • Weber 48 Carbs
  • Piper 264 Cams
  • 3 Angle Valve Seats
  • Port/Polished Head
  • Nodiz Pro Ignition Controller
  • VTS Gearbox
  • Quaife ATB Differential
  • Magnex Exhaust System

At the moment i'm still deciding on what tyres to go for and undecided whether to get some nice Takata harnesses. I had planned to put some Rallye steels and Toyo r888s on the car but i then uprated the brakes and forgot all about the wheels, amateur mistake ! Also on the look out for some Gaz or Avo coilovers to go on the car. I'll post some pictures of the car soon so keep an eye out people :D

JakeMathias

What tyres does everybody recommend for road/track use ?

stef205

Black and round ones, :P

I think the toyo r888 are the all round favourite but there not cheap. Could be a trial and error to see what works for you

• Like 1

JakeMathias

Yehh I think I agree : )

chipstick

Did this previously belong to Ali? (Allye on here)

allye

Did this previously belong to Ali? (Allye on here)

Some dodgy bastard sold it to him then pissed off to Australia, :lol:

What are you doing about the cams Jake? Are you having bigger cut outs machined on the pistons or new pistons all together? - as I mention before they won't fit with the standard valve to piston clearance being so small. Also this thread is useless without pictures! (just none of the XS shell as I may well cry)

chipstick

I thought as much. Presumably it was a straight car still when you had finished with it?

Agreed pics are needed - posh quarter badges an all!

• Like 1

allye

Presumably it was a straight car still when you had finished with it?

Yep! Had it looking lovely (apart from slightly milky paint, much better than it was) just before I sold it. Apart from no rev gauge i could never get to work!

I'll get the ball rolling for you Jake!

IMG_4942.jpg

IMG_4944.jpg

IMG_4953.jpg

Edited by allye

JakeMathias

Yeh I'll second that Ali.. 'Dodgy bastard' haha. With the piper 264 cams I've been told I don't need to worry about clearance, I double checked this with the bloke I got them from and he backed up what my mechanic had said. It is a tidy shell apart from a few dents here and there plus the 'milky paint' as Ali said but I got the gti shell cheap and I've not had to do anything to the body what so ever. Also went for the GTI shell so that I didn't have to mess around with cutting the arches on the XS. I'll be sure to put some pictures up tonight !!

chipstick

What's planned for the XS shell? Bean tins?

JakeMathias

205 XS in the workshop ready to be stripped ! Also a picture of the ported and polished head : )

post-23281-0-74908300-1360582688_thumb.jpg

post-23281-0-31972600-1360582753_thumb.jpg

JakeMathias

Noo at the moment Ali wants it back but I've also got a lot of people want to buy parts off of it for example rear beam, both doors, wings etc etc..

JakeMathias

Welding for the cage and seat rails has been completed this week so off to the Bodyshop Monday to have the interior and engine bay sprayed !

post-23281-0-36338600-1360973617_thumb.jpg

post-23281-0-03798000-1360973817_thumb.jpg

dcc

With the cams, anything more than standard wont be safe in a xu10j4rs.

As for the car. Tis nice :)

JakeMathias

I've left it to my mechanic and with the experience he's got i'm sure he'll be fine but thanks for the heads up !

Thank you ! i'll post some more pictures up this week when its been sprayed and everything is going back in.