• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ORB

Auto Gearbox Help

ORB

Hi dudes,

Can anyone shed some light on a problem a friend is having with his Shogun (Pajero) 3.0 V6 12 Valve Auto?

The basics are, after an oil change and a full service the car will not properly select gears.

If you dissconnect the battery, and leave it over night, the car will run PERFECTLY untill its upto temperature (10 miles ish), then it loses drive.

My best guess is some temp sensor somewhere that is not doing as it should be, but I dont know anything about autos!

I have double checked the oil levels for him by running it to temp and going through the gears and then checking the dipstick while running.

Does this make sense and can you shed any light on what to look at next?

Ta

Richie-Van-GTi

wrong spec oil in the autobox? Im assuming the autobox oil was changed as well.

• Like 1

DamirGTI

Ditto , Japanese auto boxes doesn't like dexron atf fluids .. so , id check first which auto oil fluid was used :rolleyes: ... cos with the japan stuff , you'll need to use OE spec gearbox fluids .

D B)

ORB

Thanks guys.

I took the sump off the auto box the other day. Sump filter FULL of sludge!

DamirGTI

Flush as much as you can , replace the filter (if it's not integrated within the box ..) and fill up with correct amount of OE fluid :)

D B)