• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
madmover

Removing Oil Catch Tank

madmover

Bought a 205 recently and have no idea what it was like before this oil catch tank and want to put it back to standard.

photo-12_zps8ab90578.jpg

Can anyone tell me where the pipes go from the black oil filler bottle/cap on the standard car? One is currently blanked off the other runs up to a small filter (Currently placed in a carrier bag until i remove it while it's garaged as it's leaking oil) then has another hose (the blue one) back to a shoddy catch tank which is home made. I want to eliminate it all together and have this pipe so far which I'm fine fitting but need to understand the others.

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=299533&ppid=1122&image=590178348&images=590178348%2c590181877%2c590181901&formats=0%2c0%2c0&format=0

Thanks in advance

welshpug

I don't get why you are asking if you have the picture?

madmover

Sorry i've worded it really badly. It's this bit specifically I can't seem to find where it locates

Picture16_zps7f34cf21.png

welshpug

exactly as per picture :wacko:

ALEX

Looks like someones had a go at fixing a symptom instead of fixing the problem.

The black one from the cam cover goes to the base of the pipe that you use to fill it with oil. There should be a tee at the bottom of the pipe as shown in the diagram in the link.

Your braided hose from the oil filler cap to the filter should (I'm assuming) go to the KN connector, This is a bend with two connections on the original car.

The smaller one on the filler cap goes to the top of the throttle housing, looks like yours has a bolt in it.

There should be a pipe from the oil filler housing that connects to the block next to the main oil filler pipe.

Have a look at my project in the link below.

Edited by ALEX

madmover

Thanks Alex, that's really helpful. All has became clear now!

Don't suppose anyone knows where I can get or has the original part numbers for the hoses I've coloured? Currently away and would ideally like to order a couple online so they are there upon my return as I need the car the following day for a track day I have booked.

Picture18_zps0cefedf5.png

Need the blue one and possibly the red one but I will need to take a proper look when I return home.

Thanks

Andy

madmover

Is there anywhere sells them individually?

Andy

welshpug

guess you didn't read the link fully...

All hoses can be sold separate. Please email us for details.

ALEX

The orange one will usually needs replacing by now, they tend to kink and go brittle.

Edited by ALEX

farmer

I think three out of the five are still sold.