• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rjw205

Thermoformed Lexan Windows

rjw205

Good evening guys and girls, I came across a supplier of these a little while ago, they were £500 odd, but i cannot find the supplier again. They fitted with the window seals..... Anyone know who this supplier was or could have been, i'm starting to think it was a link off here... But i'm buggered if I can remember. They had coating on to ward off scratches. Also, pictures of what you lot may have done be appreciated. I've done a search on here an spied a few windows, but would like more.

Help appreciated

Richard.

rjw205

There was a link to an ebay site for this lot as well...

R.

allanallen

You can get away with flat windows in a 205 so they're generally dirt cheap. I'm not saying you can't get thermoformed windows but I could never justify spending £500 on a set when you could do it with flat lexan for £100

Shakey_Jake

I'm sure plastics 4 performance will do the thermoformed ones but I'm making my own flat polycarbonate on the CNC at work, I made mine 4mm thick which is perfect for windows as it still bends to take the shape of the shell. I've only got as far as making the rear quarter windows at present but will be doing a rear screen soon, the 205 doesn't have much curve to it so I don't see the need in thermoforming and the ones I have seen still look good flat.

425B9F51-87E8-47CB-9BD9-64DF44870CEA-124

4B675E56-573A-40B3-B3C6-D0DD8FFC9AD2-124

AF6BECEC-2712-406A-B561-79B5DD12A466-124

allanallen

That's a lot of effort for windows jake?! I'm a machinist but bollocks to that, I just draw round an original and band saw it out.

Good effort non the less ;)

• Like 1

stu8v

I made my own barring the rear which I bought from plastics 4 performance.

The rear is awesome quality and fit, I would highly reccomend them.

Shakey_Jake
That's a lot of effort for windows jake?! I'm a machinist but bollocks to that, I just draw round an original and band saw it out.

Good effort non the less ;)

Yeah bandsaw would have been a lot quicker as it's hard getting the CAD drawing right but I ended up making a load for the last cars I done them for so you never know when you might need the program again. I've seen your thread on the parts you make and may be interested in them in the future.

Daz_C

Plastics4performance is probably who your thinking of, Im sure I didn't pay £500 for mine though, although it was a few years ago.

Admittedly that is pretty expensive but if your after the original look, tints, opening rear quarters or whatever, black borders etc

matt.f

These are supposed to be good from Mike Templar.

Ebay-111006961006