• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
will1991

Back Boxes - Bosal Or Walker?

will1991

Evening,

I'm in need of a new backbox. I've read on here that a genuine Peugeot is generally regarded as the best but they seem to be quite expensive.

I've also read that Walker and Bosal are the next best thing. I can get either for about £35-£40 so was wondering what those with experience might recommend out of the two?

Any help would be great! (standard H reg 1.9 by the way)

Will

Alan77

I'll say Walker. I've had both and the Bosal had a boomy sweet spot at 65-70 which was annoying. The new Klarius i have is nice and quiet.

brian j

My Walker also has a boomy spot at 60-70. I don't know if they're all like it but I wouldn't have another myself.

I'm saving for genuine pug but the Klarius sounds like it might be a plan.

pug_ham

I fitted a walker to my mums old 1.6i auto & she mentioned it was noisier but I've never run with a Bosal so can't comment between the two.

TBH, during in the time I drove that car I didn't mind it, sounded pretty original with the deep splattery exhaust note.

g

matt.f

Had walker on my old one,good fit and wasnt too loud

ALEX

I'll say Walker. I've had both and the Bosal had a boomy sweet spot at 65-70 which was annoying.

Ditto

Though the lack of soundproofing in the boot might have something to do with it.

When I replaced it with a Walker one the boom was still there but not as bad as with the Bosal.

will1991

Hmmmm, sounds like Walker is probably the one then of the two. Do you have a part number or somewhere to buy for this Klarius?

Called Peugeot Derby yesterday just to see about a Pug backbox and was told they don't even sell them anymore.

farmer

Hmmmm, sounds like Walker is probably the one then of the two. Do you have a part number or somewhere to buy for this Klarius?

Called Peugeot Derby yesterday just to see about a Pug backbox and was told they don't even sell them anymore.

if that was robins and day there hopeless there if you want me ask my dealer for a gen if thats what you want fire over the part number and see if any about

eddie bullit

if that was robins and day there hopeless there if you want me ask my dealer for a gen if thats what you want fire over the part number and see if any about

any luck with that window seal farmer?

Cheers

Edd

farmer

bill has been paid waiting for shipment. The dealers a pain in the ass but progress is being made