• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cRaig

Anyone Have Experience Of Repairing Pressure Sensing Valves In A 407?

cRaig

My parents are getting bored of replacing whole sensors and then getting them re programmed in their 407, now, as one of the valves has started leaking we were tempted to try a repair kit as found on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TYRE-PRESSURE-VALVE-REPAIR-KIT-PEUGEOT-207-307-407-607-807-508-1007-TPMS-SYSTEM-/221015435559?pt=UK_Cars_parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_trims_Valve_Caps_ET&hash=item33758be927

Anyone have any experience of using repair kits on the valves?

Thanks

Craig

Miles

No help I know but I'd look and try to bypass the system, Most car's have issue's with these and Mini's are one of the worst

ablister

if the valve is leaking from the core, just replace that?

But, as above, i'd just disable the system

cRaig

Its not leaking from the core, rather around the body of the sensor I think. It is tempting to disable the system (my mate has pp2000) but to be honest it is quite useful, as my parents dont check the tyre pressures as often as they should, and it has prevented driving on at least one flat!

Craig

johniban

its the ally tube that cracks and leaks air,

just fit normal sensors and deprogram it they are crap

welshpug

How would I go about disabling the system? my sister's C5 has these and throws up a pressure fault even with correct pressures.

cRaig

Do you have access to PP2000? If not there may still be an option in the standard incar menu controls, I havent checked yet

Edited by cRaig

S@m

Think you would need Lexia, Mei (but then i know nothing of pp2000). I have seen it done on c5's before....i have also sold hundreds of the valves; crap things.

johniban

youd need diag box to disable it

ORB

We fit standard valves and disable it from the car, they are horribly unreliable

Redtop

There is 4 or 5 different places on the Ecu configuration that you have to change it to "not present". Check under all the ecu pages and also customer options on pps/ diag. Then just take it a good road test. It's been a while since I worked on them though. They do need a fair bit of pressure in the tyres, (2.4 bar iirc) and if they drop below that atall the sensors go off. There was also a problem with re learning new sensors in that some ecu's needed changed as they couldn't communicate. That was an issue on earlier cars though.