• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
glenwah

Unknown Plug On Loom

glenwah

As title really, got a xsara vts lump in my 205 with xsara loom converted by spiky, got a leftover plug that sits about half way between the throttle body and the battery, it's a white/cream colour with three pins, I can't find where it goes, I'm thinking rad switch or speed sensor, it reaches the rad but not the speed sensor so I may have answered my own question but any help would be appreciated, cheers, Glenwah.

Anthony

Radiator thermoswitch isn't part of the 306/Xsara loom, so won't be that.

Sounds more like it is the VSS (speed sensor) to me given the location - not just that the loom isn't routed correctly hence it not reaching?

The wire numbers for that connector should confirm either way.

glenwah

The loom can't route any differently as its only about six inches from where all throttle body connectors come from, if it is the vehicle speed sensor I'm not too worried about it as I don't have the electronic/cable drive, only running cable, unless of course this causes me problems.

Anthony

Just 6 inches from the TB? Sure it's not the TPS on the underside of the TB then?

As said, the wire numbers should point you in the right direction, although most of the plugs are keyed and colour coded so they'll only fit one item.

glenwah

Thought that myself so checked it and its on there, can't find a plug for the VSS, did the xsara have an electronic speedo? If so then it must be that, will have to extend the wires and fit the drive as I have heard it causes idle problems if not fitted.

Anthony

Yes, Xsara is electronic speedo so there will definitely be a VSS plug there somewhere (assuming it's not been chopped off of course).

You shouldn't need to extend any wires though as it's all long enough as standard, so check the wire numbers first to confirm what the plug is.

glenwah

Just had a look, can't see the numbers properly as very faded, wire colours are white, green/yellow and some odd creamy yellow but knowing peugeot and Citroen this probably means nothing as they like to change the wire colours on an almost yearly basis, the block hasn't been moved, all the tape is original apart from the bit at the back where it was converted, it just won't reach the vss. Now I'm just confused.

dcc

needs a photo tbh.

Miles

As said the VSS is just about the right length, Pug and Cit colours are different, Been a while since I've done a Citroen loom but another way of telling is there should be a heat resistant bag over the plug

glenwah

If I can work out how to post a picture up I can give you a better idea of location and length etc. cheers for the help guys,

glenwah

Here are a couple of pictures guys, any ideas?

post-22212-0-31735700-1358356936_thumb.jpg

post-22212-0-56121100-1358356973_thumb.jpg

dcc

tbh looks like the vss plug. but it usually has some protection over it, like a heat resistant material

glenwah

Seems odd that its coming out near the thermostat housing, that part of the loom is unaltered and its a good 18" away from the diff housing.

Slo

The vss on my turbo box is a 2 pin connector, same colour tho and dcc is right it would have a heat protector wrapped over it if it was the vss although its not hard to strip off

Miles

3 pin on all GTi6 engine's for the VSS which is what that plug is