• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
309jazzpanda

Unknown Camshaft From D6B

309jazzpanda

Well, finally bit the bullet on sunday and purchased myself a 1900 D6B engine.

Question is the camshaft that came with it is reportedy an aftermarket cam, but the previous owner couldn't be sure as it was what he was told when he purchased said engine measured the lift on it and its 11mm, now I'm not sure how to do duration does this sound like standard lift on a D6B engine?. Best put down there are no markings on the cam apart from 2 numbers I will have to check them tomorrow to confirm.

I know you guys will know

Edited by 309jazzpanda

welshpug

markings are often on the end where the pulley bolts on.

309jazzpanda

I didn't notice any pant or markings on the cam but i'll re-check tomorrow so from that first thread it is just a standard cam from a D6B, again i'll check tomorrow see what i get

DamirGTI

Clean it up from oil/carbon deposits , and as on the pics if it's OE cam it'll have a ring mark ... in the case of D6B cam - two red ring mark next to each others betwheen the 1 cylinder inlet/exh. lobes (from the flywheel side of course..) .

If it doesn't have any ring paint marks then it's an aftermarket one ..

Damir

Edited by DamirGTI

Slo

Dont mean to hijack this thread but ive just deposited a D6B lump from my car and am attempting to replace it with an RGY (2.0 turbo), will the D6B camshaft fit the RGY head safely or will i end up with a lump of mashed up valve stems, come to think of it will there be any benefit to doing this as from those camshaft docs it appears the RGY has bigger inlets but smaller outlets.

DamirGTI

1.9 DKZ camshaft is what you need as an cheap upgrade for 2.0 T RGY engine B)

Damir

Slo

Ah right thanks damir i take it the D6B lobes are too large then and would smash the valves

Baz

Not necessarily no, it's just that the lift and duration probably don't suit.

Jamal

Hi everybody,

Im a little bit confused about the cams. I used Damirs doc for identifying the cams and I have got a DKZ cam(at least that doc states that). But it has an inlet lift of 11,5 and an ex lift of 10,65. So what? :)

Also I have got an RGY/RGX cam, it has an inlet lift of 9,65 and an ex lift of 11.

Also here data for TCT is again interesting. It states that RGX has an inlet lift of 10,5 and ex lift of 9,35. So it again not matchnig :)

Did anybode measured similar? I read that DKZ has both 11mm lift.

I want to upgrade my TCT with a N/A cam.

Thanks,

Jamal