• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
meak89

2.0 16V Turbo Build

meak89

Hi all im a new member to the forum but have been looking through it for about 5 years,i will run you through a breif history of my 205 before i get to my spec and questions

when first brought

post-23223-0-72278800-1358195187_thumb.jpg

after a couple of months after fittng two engines and fitting my 3rd thought i would give it a mechanicl restoration

post-23223-0-02751000-1358195288_thumb.jpg

post-23223-0-82522200-1358195312_thumb.jpg

and this is what it looks like now

post-23223-0-87362400-1358195348_thumb.jpg

and this is where it spends most of its time

post-23223-0-75563900-1358195411_thumb.jpg

Right the start of my project was to buy a 2.0 8v turbo (for bottom end and turbo feeds etc) so luckily one came up on ebay local to me so off i went and got it brought

post-23223-0-93386800-1358195659.jpg

the engine is now out and the block will be going to the enginers soon but i wasnt going to go to this length but i figured if im going do it im going do it once because im feed up of removing-instailing engines in my 205,

block;

86.5mm forged pistons

have the block skimmed

polished or reground crank depending on condtion

balanced rods

lightend flywhhel (dependant on how heavy a gti-6 one is when i get to weigh it

uprated oil pump

head:

gti-6 head

balance the head

skimmed and tested

valve steam oil seals

vernier pullys

270 inlet cam (unless anyone can suggest anyting else)

manifolds;

standard inlet manifold

custom exhaust manifold (i think i read that wracing made some manifolds and would consider one of those)

turbo;

gt28 (unless the are any other recommendations)

fuel;

330cc injectors

would the standard fuel pump power enough for 250-270bhp?

managment;

i was hopeing to run std managment and have it set up on a base map for start up the have a proper rr map when engine was run in,

so what i have belive in 'peter's budget 2.0 16v turbo topic is that he is running the gti-6 wiring loom with the 2.0 8v turbo ecu and then beem mapping it him self, if this is correct then that is great if im wrong i would appreciate any help when it comes to this bit

intercooler;

i was going to use the 2wd cossie interccoler and liked the layout of the SOS 205 where the boost pipe goes under the inlet but then i saw a post on here where someone was using an intercooler with inlet-outlet at the same end like on a 1.6 hdi (but cant find it again because ive read so many topics my head is ready to explode) but then i thought it could be a bit busy in that area with both boost pies and coolant pipes

extras (questions);

ive seen people running metal thermostate housings is this just because of heat of do have to fit a custom one to get it all fit?

do people run two slim fans or one?

would it be best to run lamba sensor or not?

there is probably some bits and questions ive missed but im sure i will get there in the end, my aim is not to have a massive bhp car i want something that is quick and reliable which is why im only looking for around 250-270 mark plus i will only be running std box until i can save up for that part after the engine is running sweat

any help would be good on the manifold and managment please, would rather use std managment if i can help it

Thanks Adam

NFS

Hi. Welcome. I have also seen this conversion and is interesting me. I have a 2.0 8vt in my 205 already and would be nice to have a 16v head. How are you planning to accommodate for the extra values on the pistons? Cheer I will be watching this space

meak89

Hi, I was going to do the 8v conversion at first but I dont need the car on the road anytime soon so I thought I might aswell go the full hog, sorry I missed that bit off im have the bores hoened so they are like new thats the reason for bigger pistons, how do find the 8v

NFS

I drove the 8v for about a mile before it was stripped for the restore lol it was torquey low down but tbh I haven't driven it enough to give a review. What I meant by pistons is that the 8v pistons will only have 2 cut outs for the valve clearance where as I think it will need 4 to accommodate the 4 valve per pot.

m_attt

I drove the 8v for about a mile before it was stripped for the restore lol it was torquey low down but tbh I haven't driven it enough to give a review. What I meant by pistons is that the 8v pistons will only have 2 cut outs for the valve clearance where as I think it will need 4 to accommodate the 4 valve per pot.

depends on the engine, rgy or rgx. one has flat top pistons and dont come up the bore all the way so will leave room for the valves

NFS

Okay. So where do you find the engine number? Or a way of finding out without taking the head off? Cheers

meak89

O yes sorry my engine is flat top pistons but will be replacing them so if the new ones are curved will just have them skimmed just want to keep the cr around 8:1

meak89

It will be stamped on the block and cant remember if it would be on the chassis plate like on vw's

DamirGTI

It's engraved on the block up front under the starter .. needs to be cleaned out to be able to see numbers/letters .

Damir B)

NFS

FYI I have been looking in the xu archive at 2006 and there are heaps of threads about this conversion. Have a look

NFS

Also the rgy has flat top pistons which I think are from a 605,xm and the rgx is domed pistons and are from a xantia and 406. But some people have found it to be the other way round so you may never know without taking the head off

peter

Yours will have dished pistons,

I havent mapped my car i used a rising rate FMU to up the fueling rough as f*** but i bet its still kicking out 240hp at 6000 rpm