• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
350wedge

Photo Request, Door Pics Without Exterior Trim Attached....

350wedge

Rather random request here.

Does anyone have any photos of a GTi with the plastic trim and arches not attached? Would also be interested in a picture of the rear of the plastic strips and arches.

I'm just trying to work out how the clips attach the trim to the car. There are no diagrams in my Haynes book and just doing some preparation before my car goes away to be sprayed....

dch1950

Hi,

the french club do a set of tutorials on this and even though it's in French the piccys are good.

try here : http://www.club205gti.fr/site/ under the button "tutoriels" -> "carosserie"

Dave

Ryan

post-5273-0-69398500-1358000819_thumb.jpg

The door and rear quarter trim slides upwards behind the metal clips you can see near the bottom of the dirty marks. Then there are some rivets that poke through the rectangular slots in the trim which you slide a clip over to hold everything in place. These clips are then covered up by the red metal strips.

The arches are just pegs that stick through the holes and have metal clips on the inside of the arch.

350wedge

Thats excellent, thanks both for those replies.

That makes things much clearer on how the parts fit.

Anyone know if the fitting kits are still available from Peugeot? Having looked about I dont think the metal clips are but any ideas on the rest?

chipstick

If you haven't already, sign up to Peugeot's Service box. Is effectively Peugeot's online 'parts catalogue'. You'll be presented with exploded diagrams of all areas of your car. Is handy for things like this, and the bonus is you can add parts required to your basket and see pricing with part numbers. You can then contact you dealer with the numbers to ensure you get what you want.

350wedge

Ahh cool, I didn't know about that. I'll go have a look.....