• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TooMany2cvs

Ma Box Oil Seal Source

TooMany2cvs

Well, the clutch is shouting "Change me now!", so it's going to be box-out next week. Whilst it's out, diff seals & input shaft seal, right?

What source for them? I can't find 'em on EuroCarParts - and I've heard stories of many of the aftermarket ones being a bit variable quality, so is it Pug dealer time?

Cheers,

Adrian.

Jez G

I have just done the same. All Peugeot dealer parts including filler and drain plugs and a new breather for less than £40

welshpug

I've had no issue with Febi driveshaft seals which are £6.50 from my local motorfactor, oil is £12 or so from a dealer.

TooMany2cvs

Thanks, everybody, for the suggestions. I've ended up ordering from Mister-Auto.co.uk - seem to be a French outfit originally.

Elring (I know they're good - OEM head gaskets for Saab, amongst other stuff) for the driveshaft seals, Corteco (Never heard of 'em, I've been told elsewhere they're OEM for a variety of stuff, so should be OK). They've got a 35% off code on their website front page at the mo, so with a Valeo clutch kit, VAT and delivery, it's all come in under £80 - not at all bad, since the local dealer wanted half that just for the three seals...

j_turnell

I could probably source them but I'd need a minimum of 15 people needing them...