• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
350wedge

1.6 Gti Wheel Bolts

350wedge

Hopefully this is the right section for this.....

Can someone tell me, will the standard wheel bolts used to attach the 1.6 GTi pepperpots also fit the 1.9 style Speedline/SMR wheel?

Are they the same type and length??

Ryan

They will fit - the threads are the same size and length, and they're both flat-faced bolts.

The only difference is that the 1.6 bolts have a longer head which will stick out slightly.

350wedge

Excellent, thats just the information I need, and it explains why I've seen different things on Evilbay!!

There are loads of bolt sets which are advertised as for 205's but have a taper on them. Assume these wont fit, shame really as they seem to be the cheaper sort.... :rolleyes:

pug_ham

There are loads of bolt sets which are advertised as for 205's but have a taper on them. Assume these wont fit, shame really as they seem to be the cheaper sort.... :rolleyes:

No, you need the flat faced bolts for use with either of the standard alloys, 1.6 or 1.9, Speedline or smr.

Taper seat bolts are cheap & easy to come by but generally only for use with either steel rims or some aftermarket alloys.

g

Anthony

Also, as a general rule, treat any claims or statements with regards fitment or compatability on eBay with a massive pinch of salt

350wedge

Thats what I figured really, I've been on Ebay long enough to treat most things with a degree of suspicion!!

I'm picking up a set of 1.9 alloys at the weekend to use as spares and will probably put them on the car at some point. Just making sure I have the right bolts really, I see I can pick up the flat bottom set for around the £30 mark.