• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
309jazzpanda

Does Anywhere Rebuild/recondition Air Flow Meters?

309jazzpanda

As in the title, find it strange that no one recons these. I did speak to a customer with a Porsche 944 which ran the same sort of Bosch afm, he was telling me that a few of those boys were messing in running a hotwire set up afm opposed to the medieval type we use on ours

welshpug

You are misinformed, ATP Electronics have been doing these for years, likely to be others as well, I have seen a Lucas stickered unit which would have also been remanufactured given it was Bosch that made all of them originally.

309jazzpanda

Wow didn't know that, out of interest what sort of prices do they charge?, that's quite good to know because I can never get mine set up right though that's probably down to the engine as well it is a bit tired

welshpug

no idea these days, fe years back it ws a reasonable £150, compared to Peugeot's £360, which is now NFP.

309jazzpanda

That's a good price just had a look on these website they repair ecu's as well

309jazzpanda

Saved that to bookmarks

Grim.Badger

On related issues:

What do people do if/when the two small mounting bolt holes strip? Over drill and tap? At the moment I have a cable tie through the lower hole and around the mounting frame which is adequate but not great.

What do people use to re-attach the plastic cover if/when it breaks lose? I seem to remember that electronics silicoln sealant is safe to use, but general purpose and motor sealant is not.

I have a know dead/faulty AFM and a known good AFM so I may buy a multimeter (I should have bought one years ago), run a few tests and post the results up (but don't hold your breath!)

Cheers :)

Tom Fenton

What do people do if/when the two small mounting bolt holes strip? Over drill and tap? At the moment I have a cable tie through the lower hole and around the mounting frame which is adequate but not great.

The afm body can be helicoled to return the holes to the original thread & size. I have done this many times now as the threads are commonly very tired these days. You possibly could go bigger, but especially around the 6mm holes there isn't much material so would need to be done with care.