• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

Highest Mileage 205...

welshpug

I'll start this rolling, kudos for originality...

1989 1.9 GTi, 157k and rising, original engine and box (box out for rebuild, snapped synchro spring!)

Obviously not the original beam tube, I doubt many are as they get ignored till its too late! But still the same trailing arms, original rear wheel bearings.

Service history is a folder about 3" thick :D

• Like 2

Cameron

Good idea! :lol:

Mine is 135k, or it was last time I looked.. various components on it have done way less, some slightly more.

Anthony

My current two are comparitive pups at 155k and 122k respectively, although both are like Tiggers Broom in terms of originality :lol:

Highest mileage one I've personally owned wasn't far shy of 200k when I sold it.

My 306 HDi is still going strong on 221k miles though on the original engine, turbo and gearbox :)

Tom Fenton

As a bit of an aside, those of you with high mileage cars here is one you might find amusing.

Work out for the mileage the car has done, at a average mpg, and average fuel cost, how much moneys worth of fuel your car has used over its life.

For my Shogun at 80p a litre it has used £45,000 of fuel over its 204,000 miles....

• Like 1

welshpug

no thanks Tom, I might just sit in the corner and cry :lol:

• Like 2

Kezzer30

Mine has done 134,000 but could not tell u whats been changed as the car came with zero history ,

S@m

And here i am on only 134k and rising about 1k a month (daily/only driver!), but the box has had 3/4th synchro replaced and the head has been rebuilt. Service history is a piece of paper 0.5mm thick. Pretty sure at least one of the doors isn't original either, and some of the glass - she's had a hard life but this year will finally have the 16valves that she has always deserved - water leaks pending.

Sam

EDIT - seems 132-136k is the most common mileage! I can remember years ago when i used to look for only ones with less than 100k! Would be difficult now.

Edited by Sam306

welshpug

I bought mine 8 years ago for £510 and it had 131k on the clock.

sensualt101

mine is still relatively low milage lol! under 100k ( was 96k when i got it ) just! and is on original beam and 99% full service history and in use every day :)

damien

170k ish, but as anthony mine isnt very original any more.

i think the only thing that is would be the dials, bonnet, windows and bumpers....

• Like 1

jamie_1992

mine is 138k the other is 102k my mate recently brought a 205 gti with 186k on the clock

Atari Boy

1988 1.6, very standard car, replacement head, original bottom end and gearbox - 213,000 miles and a runner. Needs a new heater matrix though.

• Like 1

shorty_15-92

I have the GRD (XUD7), H reg.

I have replaced the rear beam - 1.6 GTi (i think) with the bigger drums. Apart from this it has only had service parts replaced.

It is currently sat on 234,000 miles and still runs like a dream :P

• Like 1

Grim.Badger

Not as far as Atari - 189583 - no idea what's original to be honest and I doubt the car will make it much further..... 179419 a year ago; I only drive 6 miles into work, with occassional site visits and meetings in Lincoln and York etc so I'm not sure how I manage to rack up the miles!

Mad Professor

The 1990 GRD, is just over 175,000 now.

allye

I have the GRD (XUD7), H reg.

I have replaced the rear beam - 1.6 GTi (i think) with the bigger drums. Apart from this it has only had service parts replaced.

It is currently sat on 234,000 miles and still runs like a dream :P

New guy is the winner so far! Also welcome :)

The 309 diesel I bought from Swordfish had 185,000ish miles on it when I sold it to a chap in my village, it still lives on :D all original, smoked under load though. May have been something to do with Mark turning the fuel up slightly!

tartanbloke

A measly 174,000 miles and not reached the moon as yet.

All seems original as one of the previous owners cherished it for years and kept receipts for everything. Still has the original dealer license plate on the tailgate from 1989.

boldy205

My current two are comparitive pups at 155k and 122k respectively, although both are like Tiggers Broom in terms of originality :lol:

Highest mileage one I've personally owned wasn't far shy of 200k when I sold it.

My 306 HDi is still going strong on 221k miles though on the original engine, turbo and gearbox :)

Tiggers broom!! :lol:

Gman

148,000 so far, and every piece of service history and MOT since new. Must put it all into a geeky spreadsheet to see how much has been spent on the beast over the years.

minimaniacwhyard

my work mate has a 205 cj with the little 1.4 engine in thats on 220000 or 230000 i forget which he even tracked it round Nuremberg last year or year before that

Paul_13

GLD 175k and steadily climbing

Edited by Paul_13

deathbringer929

bought my 1.9 gti 3 years ago with 110001 miles on the clock which i thought was suspicious. when the logbook arrived checked on mot website to find it was last mot'd with 154k on it back in 2006!! some cheeky **** has wound 44k off it!!

its now reading 124k and has a gti6 mill transplanted last year though original was ok. so its now done approx 168k!

• Like 1

brian j

Just rub it in why don't you! I should never have sold it... Glad it has a good home though. :-)