• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jackcookmi16

Gti6 Sump Fit A 1.9 Mi16 Engine

Jackcookmi16

Hi Will A Gti6 Sump Fit My 1.9 Mi16 Engine As Want A Cheep Baffled Sump ?

dcc

wrong section. but yes it will.

welshpug

you'll need to remove the block stiffener or extend the oil pickup and find longer bolts for the sump.

stuart

If the block stiffener isn't used though, which bolts / washers do people usually use to fit a gti6 sump to an mi16?

Just about to fit the Gti6 sump to mine but I found that the original mi16 bolts are way too long and the oblong washers won't go in some of the holes.

I have a couple of sets of 1600 8v bolts, which are shorter, so going to try those tomorrow. I believe a couple of the holes next to the air con pump bracket need counter-boring a bit too?

Probably would've been more straight forward if I got the bolts with the sump but there you go!

stuart

Just thought I'd update this thread with my findings!

8v tin sump bolts and washers work fine with a Gti6 sump without the stiffener plate. 3 or 4 of the oblong washers need to be swapped for plain washers though, the rest will just about fit in most of the recesses etc.

Also, the 2 holes through the aircon pump bracket need counter boring and longer bolts used (I used the longer bolts from the original mi sump with spacer plate).

Hope that helps people in the future! :)

pug_ham

If the block stiffener isn't used though, which bolts / washers do people usually use to fit a gti6 sump to an mi16?

I fitted a trimmed down (minus the wings) GTI-6 sump to my 8v engine & used the bolts for the 6 sump.

IMO people selling a GTI-6 sump should sell it with the bolts to make it easier for the buyer.

g