• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
omri617

How Do You Make The Injector Wires Look Better?

omri617

Hi friends

In the last touches of restoring my 1.9 , just in need for a tip , how to conceal the ugly wires of the injectors ? they're in a bad shape and i'd like to cover them with something , maybe some sleeve?

was thinking to make them on red. (just to match the spark plug leads)

what do you use ? recommend?

Simes

You could use heatshrink.

Although to do so you'll have to be in a position to slide it into place, which means cutting the wires.

Tom Fenton

No it doesn't, if you get a de-pinning tool you can remove the terminals from the plastic housing, then re-sleeve before putting themback.

pug_ham

No it doesn't, if you get a de-pinning tool you can remove the terminals from the plastic housing, then re-sleeve before putting themback.

Agreed, I've got a small set of tweezers trimmed down to fit inside the plug which works perfectly for just this job.

Replaced the Lambda plug on my mp3.1 loom by de-pinning the old plug.

g

omri617

so i need to remove the black rubber cover from the injector wire ? then just slide the sleeve inside?

didn't know these things can be disassembled

thanks!

Simes

That's kind of what I meant - they'll need disconnecting!

so i need to remove the black rubber cover from the injector wire ? then just slide the sleeve inside?

didn't know these things can be disassembled

thanks!

Yes!

Henry Yorke

When mine was reloomed, Vauxhall injector connectors were used and they are a nicer fit than the originals! As you can see, they were heat shrunk and in pairs.

post-3457-0-99565000-1356129955_thumb.jpg

omri617

which model ? by the way , in my area it's called Opel :)

Dizzee stuff

I have done a couple of looms and used split convoluted tubing & spiral band. looks very neat and tidy and no need to disconnect any thin.

omri617

I have done a couple of looms and used split convoluted tubing & spiral band. looks very neat and tidy and no need to disconnect any thin.

you have a photo? or a link to the material you used?

GLPoomobile

4145 is the same as the normal plugs (Junior Timer housing) so will work. I'd advise getting the 192147 (Junior Power TImer housing) instead, as these have a spring release clip, so you just squeeze them to remove the plug from the injector instead of having to fiddle with unhooking the standard clip. Only thing with these, is I can't remember if the standard terminal pins that you already have crimped on your wires will clip in to these terminals OK. I think they do, but can't remember 100%.

GLPoomobile

Also, how much of the wire do you actually need to cover?

If it's just an inch or two, where there's a gap between the rubber boot and the start of whatever "wrap" you have around your loom, then the simplest and tidiest solution (IMO) would be to just use some black heatshrink (as advised previously). Make sure it's slightly longer than the area you need to cover, so that the rubber boot will slip over one end, and your wrap slips over the other end, and then you have a nice seamless covering.

If it's a much longer section you are covering (i.e. if there's no wrap on this section of the loom at all) you could do what I did on my home-built loom, which IMO looks really clean and tidy, and it's more flexible than the usual plastic loom cover (the flexible convoluted sleeving here http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/sleeving/sleeving.php#conv). For mine, I used the braided sleeving (on the same page as that last link) on a lot of the loom. You just need to melt the ends to fuse the sleeving so it doesn't unravel (think I just used the flame from a cigarette lighter). Then use a bit of heatshrink at the injector end to keep the sleeve in place, and with your rubber boot slipped over it, it all seals up nice and tidy.

Edited by GLPoomobile

Dizzee stuff

you have a photo? or a link to the material you used?

130320120561_zpsbb1808b3.jpg

clio1_zps7cf91768.jpg

Photos of the loom I built up to run the Canems on my sons clio

• Like 1

omri617

Also, how much of the wire do you actually need to cover?

If it's just an inch or two, where there's a gap between the rubber boot and the start of whatever "wrap" you have around your loom, then the simplest and tidiest solution (IMO) would be to just use some black heatshrink (as advised previously). Make sure it's slightly longer than the area you need to cover, so that the rubber boot will slip over one end, and your wrap slips over the other end, and then you have a nice seamless covering.

If it's a much longer section you are covering (i.e. if there's no wrap on this section of the loom at all) you could do what I did on my home-built loom, which IMO looks really clean and tidy, and it's more flexible than the usual plastic loom cover (the flexible convoluted sleeving here http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/sleeving/sleeving.php#conv). For mine, I used the braided sleeving (on the same page as that last link) on a lot of the loom. You just need to melt the ends to fuse the sleeving so it doesn't unravel (think I just used the flame from a cigarette lighter). Then use a bit of heatshrink at the injector end to keep the sleeve in place, and with your rubber boot slipped over it, it all seals up nice and tidy.

thanks a lot!

130320120561_zpsbb1808b3.jpg

clio1_zps7cf91768.jpg

Photos of the loom I built up to run the Canems on my sons clio

looks amazing!!

HERMAN

This stuffs good.

DSCF2996.jpg

DSCF2994.jpg

GLPoomobile

Yep, that's the braided sleeving I mentioned above, and it's how I've done my loom. Looks much classier than the plastic convoluted tubing IMO.

ALEX

ebay has some I used. check out item 121034350744

I split it down the length and insulation tape the ends (same as original)