• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sean-G

Xm Turbo Wiring Services

sean-G

afternoon

does any one offer a loom service, where i can send my gti loom&xm loom and have them joined together etc so its a plug&play sort off affair.

i would like to do it my self ideally,but its the simple things that are confusing me like where to take switched live/positive lives from etc i can mostly understand a wiring diagram thou.

i have seen the pre made looms on ebay and they look great but i cant justify spending £600 on a loom when i am trying to keep costs down.thou i understand the price due to relocation of the wiring from the exhaust & of the ecu etc

also the cars a 1987 phase 1 which i believe makes the wiring sum what easy thou i cant find much using "SEARCH" on wiring up a phase 1

any help would be much appericated or maybe someone local could come and help me when the engines in for some benjamin's :)

cheers sean

• Like 1

Miles

Catch 22, Phase 1's are easy to wire up DIY, but making a plug and play loom is impossible, what I generally do on these is make a connection to the main sensor loom around where the coil would be and the engine loom onto that, but the main advantage here is you have the loom away from the Turbo already and the ECU loom goes no where near it.

• Like 1

sean-G

hi miles

thanks for the reply mate.i have decided to do the wiring myself (so i can say i did the that :) lol ) i dont suppose you have a diagram or sketch of how you go about making a connection to the main sensor loom around where the coil would be or any pointers.