• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
peter

Vampir Golf Mk2

peter

Im sure everyone has seen it, but for those who havent..

How about a 205 that does the same?

For me that would be the ultimate 205, like a T16 but faster....

welshpug

I love the fact it looks like any other grandad's shopping trolley!

• Like 3

Richie

Bloody hell that's mental.

peter

There needs to be a 205 that does this, its my new life goal.

GLPoomobile

James on here is probably about the closest to having a 205 capable of that, with his twin turbo version.

I don't think there's necessarily any reason why somebody couldn't do a comparable 205. The 2 biggest obstacles must surely be the 4wd drive element (it's been done, but not usually - if at all - in a standard width 205) and building an engine that can cope with the amount of boost needed to make that sort of power (which going by James' results, seems to be possible with an XU engine).

I suppose another obstacle is fitting in a suitably sized intercooler/charge cooler, which going by the projects I've seen is often a challenge. This, and the 4wd part can be done, but not so easily if your goal was to make a sleeper like that Golf. The easy option would be to just go with the wider track under a T16/Dimma/Maxi kit and have a big ugly intercooler sticking out the front. And given that you'd need a pretty large turbo (I'd assume) to generate that amount of power from ~2.0 4 pot, you might struggle to fit that under a standard bonnet as well, so potentially needing to fit the bonnet around that.

Then you've got the challenge of making the full transmission stand up to it all.

A lot of work, a lot of expertise, and a lot of money required I think.

cybernck

Or add Evo 4wd drivetrain to Constella's Evo-engined 205 - and you're much closer to that Golf, but arguably it's not really a Pug any more.

• Like 1

johniban

That must have some expensive equipment and good welding skills to no snap something on that launch!

peter

needs to be all peugeot stuff really....

The 4x4 405s are getting harder to get hold of now, ive seen some being weighed in but there non existent now.

would the be3 and transfer box even handle 500hp??

jimbob

What about the yellow pug 1 off build? The trick gti6 lump although as you say it has the inter cooler on show at the front

welshpug

What about it? Its 400 bhp short and 200 cc bigger :lol:

Daviewonder

...and over 3 seconds slower.

EZ Tutty

Was reading about the Vampir Golf the other day, apparently it's now making 1013bhp and runs 4.25 bar of boost! :blink:

peter

Its awsome!! James has proven that 1000hp is possible with a peugeot engine, it just needs a 4x4 system and be capable of changing gear quick enough a 205 should be quicker!

Well providing its lighter and more aero dynamic which it is! :D

Edited by peter

jonXS

could you try using a 4wd system from a subaru justy, its the same kind of size as a 205, and being subaru could be well made :)

GLPoomobile

and being subaru could be well made :)

Except that the Justy only had small engines, so probably ~100bhp. Well made perhaps, but probably not designed to cope with several times as much torque!

Edited by GLPoomobile

jonXS

Except that the Justy only had small engines, so probably ~100bhp. Well made perhaps, but probably not designed to cope with several times as much torque!

your right they were only 1.2 and 1.3 but you can always possibly use another engine, like another scooby engine maybe even a swift gti twin cam engine? This is all in my head, dreaming some might say :P :P

the possibilitys are endless :)

peter

oh dear, the just 4x4 system is crap! as is a swift gti engine :wacko:

jonXS

lol, i was thinking you could use something like that in a 205 and keep it looking standard on the outside, while still having 4wd

GLPoomobile

Out of interest, what's your reason for thinking the Swift GTI engine is crap?

Also, I just remembered years ago there was a Swift GTI turbo (IIRC in NZ) with 4WD that I think was from the Justy, and it was kicking out about 330bhp, so it is capable for some half decent power. Certainly not 900-1000bhp being bandied about in this topic, but then whatever 4WD you chose to use for a project like this is likely to struggle with that much power :blink:

Edited by GLPoomobile

peter

its a 1.3,

the 4x4 system was made for a 3 cylinder, i cant imagine subaru designing it for much more than 100lb-ft and side stepping the clutch with slicks...

Batfink

Its awsome!! James has proven that 1000hp is possible with a peugeot engine, it just needs a 4x4 system and be capable of changing gear quick enough a 205 should be quicker!

Well providing its lighter and more aero dynamic which it is! :D

proven? Maybe when we see the car running and setting some good drag times

welshpug

Rallycross boys have proven that the Iron XU is capable of a reliable 550-600 RESTRICTED bhp for the past 20 years or so!

As for 1000, yet to see anything near that, but looking at other engines that are tuned up to similar levels, not implausible.

GLPoomobile

its a 1.3,

the 4x4 system was made for a 3 cylinder, i cant imagine subaru designing it for much more than 100lb-ft and side stepping the clutch with slicks...

Sorry, you've left me confused. Are you saying that a Swift GTI engine would be crap as a base for something being discussed here (a car capable of nearly 1000bhp)? Or are you saying it's just a crap engine purely because it's only a 1.3? :blink: I wanted a Swift GTI many years ago, so I spent a bit of time looking in to them. I think they're alright little motors for a 1.3 16v, but that's just my opinion. I'm not qualified to say one way or the other mind you.

As for the Subaru Justy 4WD, as I said before, it was used on a Swift putting out over 300bhp, and the article never mentioned (that I can remember) about any serious modifications to strengthen it. That must be near the limit though.

I should imagine the Golf Syncro setup in the Vampir Golf is far from standard though.

Edited by GLPoomobile

MiniGibbo

must be talking mobile number budgets to see 1000hp in a 205............

welshpug

why mobile numbers? they're the same length as a landline number?

• Like 1