• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
swinisskill

205 Turbo Starts On Three...

swinisskill

haha now it wont start :( after investigating it looks like its that stupid multi injection relay. also whoever wired that engine in to the car should be ashamed

swinisskill

multi relay swapped. still wont start. must be wiring to that or ecu or crank sensor. need to find diagrams so I know what pins to check

custard-rallye

sounds of silence did the conversion its odd as most of the other work they do seems to be good

swinisskill

they want shooting mate, im surprised it hasnt set on fire to be honest.

jonnyturbo

seen some bad wiring before (not SoS, on a car a friend was lookin at somewere) were they have wrapped the wire round each end of a fuse instead of getting a fuse holder :lol:. you say it wont start? does it turn over? if so are you getting fuel or spark?

Edited by jonnyturbo

custard-rallye

you have seen that from sounds of silence johnnyturbo?? that's pretty rough

Edited by custard-rallye

jonnyturbo

oh no i saw it on a 306 1.9td a friend went looking at, was just saying iv seen some bad wiring before :lol:

edited my previous post to stop confusion

did you buy the car off SoS or somebody who had the conversion done there? im quiet suprised if the wiring was down to them due to how much attention to detail they put in to there 205 they used to have.

if you get the car running get a leak down test done, i bought one off ebay for about £35 iirc a few weeks ago and worked fine on my car (didnt change colour so all good) also check if the headbolts are all torqued down on the cambelt side near #4 thats missfiring.

Edited by jonnyturbo

swinisskill

turns over mate no fuel or spark . I managed to get it to run by opening up the old multi relay and closing the circuit on relay. so obviously a wire has come out somewhere that tells the relay to action

swinisskill

I bought it from custard rallye who bought it from saw who had the conversion done at sos. the wiring is bad all over mate fusebox, ignition etc so wouldn't of thought it would be anyone other than sos

jonnyturbo

not too good if its them but as i said could be underlying truth about it. just get the multimeter out and go through the relay shouldnt take long.

swinisskill

sorted it mate relay lacking a switch live and switch earth

jonnyturbo

had they fell out?

swinisskill

didnt get chance to check, a blizzard started, so I quickly fed them from elsewhere for now. saying that I will be getting an after market ecu soon so its not a big issue

Edited by swinisskill