• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tidypug

307 Xsi 2Litre Petrol Clutch

tidypug

Hi all, I think I'm putting this in the right forum, even though its a 307.

The release bearing was getting rumbly and sending a shudder through the whole car when the clutch was pressed. I knew I was going to have to change it but it failed on friday before I got chance, so this weekend I've dropped the box off to find the release bearing in pieces. The problem I have is that the bearing has worn through a piece that slides up and down the input shaft on the box.

Can anyone still get onto the peugeot tool box website ? I'd like to look at the clutch mechanism to see what I'm going to need. I guess it will be a dealer only part.

Thanks

Jamie

welshpug

Anyone and everyone can get onto servicebox. http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Not a dealer only part, it'll be about £20 from most motorfactors, its the input shaft seal carrier/clutch release bearing guide, neat auto's have them on ebay.

edit,Neat have them ruddy cheap at the mo! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLUTCH-GUIDE-BUSH-GEARBOX-SHAFT-SEAL-CITROEN-C2-C3-C4-C5-C8-C15-210535-OEM-/370657820849

However the shuddering could still be there, given you have the box off I would replace the clutch.

You have a BE4R gearbox btw, and afaik a solid flywheel, none of this Dual mass crap :D

tidypug

Nice one thanks for that, I've got a new clutch already as the release bearing is buggered.

Henry Yorke

You have a BE4R gearbox btw, and afaik a solid flywheel, none of this Dual mass crap :D

Were there dual mass flywheels on petrols? I thought they were just a diesel thing

S@m

210535 - £14 plus vat at a dealer but can be had for cheaper elsewhere as welshpug mentions.

tidypug

Looks like the release bearing has damaged another piece, I've joined servicebox but can't see a schematick for the clutch.

Its the plastic locating clip that goes over the above part and clips the release bearing onto the clutch arm. Can anyone help me with this?

welshpug

sounds like part of the release bearing.

tidypug

Thats what I thought too but the piece seems totally different to the new one, perhaps they've changed the design. I'll have a better look tomorrow