• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ALEX

Cti Roof Stiffening Plates Still Available?

Powers

I am intersted in these. Any updates>?

Henry Yorke

I had a look at Ades ones at Curborough with Tom Fenton an we decided they would be difficult to remanufacture as you would need to make a press for the two compound curves on them. However the though was that these could be made easier out of plastic, but there is not enough real demand for them at the moment to make it cost effective

JackTar

Hi

I'm about the replace my hood and have the crossmember which goes across the top of the boot. Where are the stiffening plates? Are they the bits of metal which run down the rear edge of the rear windows?

Henry Yorke

Hi

I'm about the replace my hood and have the crossmember which goes across the top of the boot. Where are the stiffening plates? Are they the bits of metal which run down the rear edge of the rear windows?

Just above the Pininfarina badges on the bottom of the hood itself

JackTar

Ah gotcha, thanks. Just received my replacement hood and took them out - not bad condition but will rustproof and Hammerstein them to be on the safe side.

roccorich

I have just bought a car with a spare roof frame and all of these parts in good condition. I also have the part with the studs on, all studs intact.

I am looking to sell all of these so if you want first dibs give me a shout.

damo

Chaps these are still around if needed as I got both sides from pug this year. They are 55 notes per side mind but this was 6 months ago and I thought they were forty pound something first time purchased. I can get the part numbers they used if it helps ?

The guy at the pug garage called them hockey stick corners .

I got a spare set for my CTI as they are NFP on service box and I already replaced them once!

Henry Yorke

Part numbers would be good as I could never find them on Service box as I have looked before. I thought they came as part of the hood themselves

Slo

Doesn't say nfp on service pox? £50.68 each side inc vat

post-21076-0-24978800-1379695910_thumb.jpg

Edited by Slo

roccorich

How do I go about replacing these on my car as one has disintegrated.

cheers

Rich