• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Juttie205

Vaccum Sunroof Advice

Juttie205

My car at the moment has a dealer fitted sunroof and im thinking of fitting a vaccum factory sunroof but i understand that the roof skin on a sunroof panel has strengthening bars are thes spot welded on any pics would be good. I have a car i can get sunroof from sobif they are spot welded on i could remove and weld to my roof skin.

SkyQuake

Juttie,

As requested. Please excuse the camera on my poxy iPhone; doesn't handle low light at all well.

Sunroof1.jpg

Sunroof2.jpg

Sunroof3.jpg

Sunroof4.jpg

Sunroof5.jpg

Looks like a hell of a lot to attempt welding on. Might be easier to do the whole roof! :blink:

jamie_1992

cor you have a big enough workshop lol

what is it used for?

SkyQuake

Jamie,

Sadly, it's not mine, but my place of work. This is just one of several ex WW2 aircraft hangers on site. We build military vehicles and deployable systems. Check it out if you're interested.

Juttie205

Thats great just what i needed should be straight forward looking at that just need couple of beams for strenght and cut hole bigger onlything i wont be able to do is lip on sunroof hole but dont belive it will need that.