• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
vtifan

Gti6 Sump

vtifan

my gti6 sump is knackered is cracked or broken at at least 3 bolt holes,which engine can i rob a sump from ?

was at scrappies the day and i got a rallye pulley set up and went to take sump off and it was gone :huh: ,had a look around and couldnt find the same engine in any of the other cars but there are a few of the later 406's with a similar looking engine and alloy sump,engine has plastic rocker covers and a silver plastic coil cover,would this be like a1.8 xsi engine from a 306 and are the sumps useable,just using vts box so dont need the extra bolts on gti6 box

cheers guys

stef205

You need to get a gti6/xsara vts one really as it has the trap door in the sump. Give chipstick a message he has one I think. If he won't spilt it just call him a tart! :D

Edited by stef205

pug_ham

Just had a look on service box for cars that use the same sump part number as the GTI-6 (0301 H0) across the whole range;

Information about the search

1 document(s) found for 605

1 document(s) found for 806

1 document(s) found for 406 (RESTYLING)

2 document(s) found for 306 (RESTYLING)

1 document(s) found for 306

2 document(s) found for 406

So you have a wider scope than jst the GTI-6 & Xsara VTS.

g

vtifan

You need to get a gti6/xsara vts one really as it has the trap door in the sump. Give chipstick a message he has one I think. If he won't spilt it just call him a tart! :D

asked already and i am yet to call him a tart,but not splitting,says io can have free bottom end if i buy sump for 100 quid

vtifan

Just had a look on service box for cars that use the same sump part number as the GTI-6 (0301 H0) across the whole range;

Information about the search

1 document(s) found for 605

1 document(s) found for 806

1 document(s) found for 406 (RESTYLING)

2 document(s) found for 306 (RESTYLING)

1 document(s) found for 306

2 document(s) found for 406

So you have a wider scope than jst the GTI-6 & Xsara VTS.

g

i thought there were a few i could use,there is a 406 engine that looks the same,but couldnt find one of those,are there any engine codes mate

petert

Any XU10 with A/C in fact.

vtifan

Any XU10 with A/C in fact.

oh i dont need a/c mate,so any xu ? is that any 16v leany back 306 406 petrol engine ? where do i find these codes that you all keep quoting ? confused.com ?

luke1987

Think ive got a spare 406 turbo one with the trapdoor in ill have a look and stick a pic up if you want.

pug_ham
oh i dont need a/c mate so any xu ? is that any 16v leany back 306 406 petrol engine ? where do i find these codes that you all keep quoting ? confused.com ?

Peter means, any XU engine, 8 or 16v with ac, they all sit at the same angle of 30'.

XU10 is the start of the engine series code, a GTI-6 is an XU10J4RS but the XU10J2TE(2.0l 8v turbo) uses the same sump to widen your search.

Luke has one that should be right.

g

JeffR

... they all sit at the same angle of 30'.

g

30 feet! I think I need to lay mine down further! :lol:

(I can't find the degree key either).

petert

I think he meant 30 minutes.

vtifan

Peter means, any XU engine, 8 or 16v with ac, they all sit at the same angle of 30'.

XU10 is the start of the engine series code, a GTI-6 is an XU10J4RS but the XU10J2TE(2.0l 8v turbo) uses the same sump to widen your search.

Luke has one that should be right.

g

SO WHAT IS THE CODE OF THE 30 DEGREE 406 16V ENGINE WITH THE PLASTIC CAM COVERS,AND CAN I USE THIS SUMP OR IS IT ONLY THE GTI6,XSARA VTS OR THE 406 TURBO I CAN USE

Anthony

Earlier 406 2.0 16v is a XU10J4R - basically a detuned GTi-6 and the sump (on AC models atleast) is identical to a GTi-6 one.

Careful, as later 406's used an EW engine.

pug_ham
30 feet! I think I need to lay mine down further! :lol:

(I can't find the degree key either).

I think he meant 30 minutes.

obviously, I meant 30°. ;)

SO WHAT IS THE CODE OF THE 30 DEGREE 406 16V ENGINE WITH THE PLASTIC CAM COVERS,AND CAN I USE THIS SUMP OR IS IT ONLY THE GTI6,XSARA VTS OR THE 406 TURBO I CAN USE

The full engine code isn't on the engine anywhere so as said, you'll have to be sure it is the same sump before you buy it.

Sign up to service box & you can search to your hearts content on the models I listed above which have the same sump.

g

welshpug

RFV.

Mad Scientist

I've got several. Message me if you're still looking.