• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bondyshambles

Weather Strip Bodge...it Works Though

bondyshambles

Ok before we start, this was done quickly as i was getting rained on. As we all know the outside weather strips that go across the doors shrink. The passenger side is still avaliable to buy but the drivers side is NFP. I bought a passenger side one from Peugeot for £20.02 and then decided to use the old passenger side one on the drivers side. This obviously did not fit as both ends of the strip are a different shape to the other. I cut the original drivers side one to fit the amount that it had shrunk and then used the old passenger one on the drivers side. My original drivers side one had shrunk badly as you see in the pics but it also has a chunk missing out of it so i couldn't just use the proper end as it would have still leaked. My 205 is a daily so this bodge has fixed a problem. When i get more time i will cut it to fit better....or hopefully source the original part, but as for now it does the trick.

shrunkweatherstrip.jpg

Drivers side before

leftonrightside.jpg

Drivers side after

chipstick

Any pictures of the join?

It's nice to see you take safety seriously when working on cars. :)

• Like 1

bondyshambles

weatherstripjoin.jpg

The join is "ok" shall we say. Could probably do with a bit of black silicon i suppose....but as i said just a quick bodge. As for the safety outfit.....it just hides the fat better :P