• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Keljon

205 With Vts/gti6 Engine, What Air Filter Are You Using

kuuner

for the people who use the search function: I bought a Green filter (GRB2.75) which suits straight on the TB (76 mm indeed) and mounted a little filter like writen above.

Edited by kuuner

Para

Could you show how this look ?

Anthony

AFAIK you can't do that if you're running with a top radiator hose that's routed the normal way and a standard type/position radiator, hence many people using a short length of silicon hose to move the filter further towards the battery and giving clearance for the radiator hose.

Para

Yeah that looks good, I will have to buy some samco hose because my pipercross filter doesn't have the same diameter as manifold hole and as Anthony said my radiator hose is underneath.

kuuner

that i don't know, because i used the original Xsara hose, as you can see. But there must be a solution for it, because i found this picture on the internet. Shows that the coolent is routed beneath the airfilter.

DSC00250___Copy.jpg

Para

This is some neat layout, I like it. My one is bit of a mess at the moment, I need to look after all the cables and hoses because they are everywhere. Just finish fitting the filter with samco reducer and breathing filter. What can I do with those fuses ?

img4255z.jpg

Edited by Para

kuuner

Original there are 2 options. Some 205's have a lock plate (?) with 2 nuts where you can bolt it straight on. Just like this one:

GTi-6.jpg

If your 205 doesn't have that, there is a second option with a loose strap/bracelet, like this one:

IMG_5842.jpg

glenwah

Check out item number 350588913312 on eBay, its what i got, has a really nice polished pipe that drops the filter below the engine away from all the heat, also has a pipe that goes to the icv so no need for a seperate filter, looks great when fitted.

Para

Looks good and it's way cheaper then Pipercross or K&N, have you got the picture with this fitted ?

glenwah

Sticks out to the side of the rad as well so only draws nice cool air????

post-22212-0-01053700-1359055698_thumb.jpg

Para

Personally I would be worried that filter will be gathering to much dirt from the road being located down there.

glenwah

It's only a summer car and at that price you can buy a new one every year???? it sits inside of the inner wing and just behind the valance so it's not in direct line of any major dirt.

kuuner

not only dirt. I should be more worried about water.

glenwah

Each to there own but this car won't be seeing any water.

ablister

My setup uses a subaru elbow and a k+n filter (both already fitted to the car so unsure what they were originally for) and it looks a good fit. Will try get numbers off both if any use to others?

20120730_213904.jpg