• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Zacky-94

205 5Door Tu5 J4 Build

Zacky-94

Hi im new to this fourum joined due to owning a 205 1.1 gl 5 door , i am a bmw technician by trade and have been intrested in doing a conversion for a while looked into mi16 , gti6 , and the 106 gti and due to my tax running out and getting fed up with the knocks and bangs i decided to take it off the road amd to go with the 106 gti/ tu5j4 conversion , have sourced a 106 gti off a friend witch has been modified , cat cams , ported and polished head, billet steel flywheel ceramic paddle clutch , 4-2-1 manifold and induction kit etc he recons with a remp it will be good for 150-160 bhp not sure on this but it isnt slow! And figured if it was running 160 or i could get it to run 160 it would be around 200bhp per tonn, the car as it stands is ready for the engine have painted the engine bay removed all suface rust etc the car is basicly a bare shell inside and out apart from the rear axel witch is still bolted on ,plans are , bucket seats , harnesses , cage for rigidity , runing a swirl pot with existing tank low pressure fuel pump and high the swirl pot will compinsate for fuel starvation new fuel lines ran though the car diffrent set up to most just using the gti tank like to be individual , poly bushed bottom arms 266 mm brake upgrade with gti servo and master cylinder , mybe the non abs 406 master , 4 good tyres new brake lines with gti 1.6 rear axel , coil over kit , going to try and wire in the 106 instrument cluster, then when the conversion is complete will be saving for bigger valves for the j4 or upgrading to jp4 head on throttle boddies with a remap , with a jp4 head and tb's should be good for 170-180 bhp any advice on anything would be greatly appreciated

johnnyboy666

glad to see another 5door getting this treatment :) I've got a gt with the same engine fitted and it suits the car very well.

• Like 1

Zacky-94

Cheers mate :-) Being a 5 door its diffrent and idividual thats what i was aming for will put some pictures up some time its coming along quite nicely should have the 106 by december

• Like 1