• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
starky5

Starting My Mi16 Conversion!

starky5

Yes it's me again with another problem! Just tried to start my car for the first time and the starter kicks in on the second turn of the key not the third! Any ideas what's causing this?

HELP!

EZ Tutty

On the 2 brown plugs inside the car use a multimeter to check that wire 46b (should be blue) goes to the starter solenoid

Anthony

Dead simple.

Between Phase 1.5 and Phase 2 Peugeot swapped the starter and ignition wires around on the underdash brown multiplug, and hence if you following a wiring guide for one on a different age of car, you get the issue you're seeing.

Swap the thick blue (wire 46) and thick red (wire 2) over on the plugs and it'll be fine :)

starky5

Thanks guys, with a bit of testing i discovered the wires were swapped before seeing Anthony's post! Once corrected it started first try!! All together now and have driven home from the garage!

Leading on from this, my temp gauge doesnt seem to be working now! Which sensor is the temp sensor? also on the back of my mi block i noticed there is a sensor about half way up where my 8v block just had a blanking plug, whats this sensor?

Thanks

welshpug

oil level :)

try swapping the wires over on the pair on the thermostat

starky5

Thats alright then thought i might have missed a wire somewhere! Ill swap those over and see what happens, What are the two sensors on the front of the block? Im guessing one is oil pressure.

welshpug

yeah, one is oil pressure sender, the other oil pressure switch.

starky5

try swapping the wires over on the pair on the thermostat

Worked a treat! not sure how i got that wrong as i labelled the wires when i took them off :wacko:

Ahh that would explain why one of them is rather large!

All that's left to do now is start driving her round and see what happens!

Thanks for the help!